Human Resources Director
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
- HR Generalist
- Organizational Development
- International HRM
- Employee Relations
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno is currently recruiting for a senior level HR Professional to lead the HR team for our Arlington, VA-based International Development-focused division, Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
The Director, Human Resources is a strategic role which helps to align business objectives with employees and management. This position serves as a consultant to management on human resource related issues and will act as employee champion and change agent. This position will assess and anticipate HR-related needs, communicate these needs proactively with the HR department and business management, and help develop integrated solutions.
The Director, Human Resources formulates active partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. This position must maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's workings, financial position, strategic plans, culture, and competition.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
> Consult with supervisors and management to provide HR guidance as appropriate. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and administer follow-up/coaching as needed.
> Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with internal and external legal counsel as needed.
> Serves as liaison with the corporate benefits team; maintaining thorough understanding of benefit offerings and vendor relationships. Assist home office, expatriate, and third country national employees with benefits-related challenges.
> Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to supervisors - to include coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions and the like. Research, develop, and oversee soft skills and management training program. Chair division training committee, providing on-going support and input in to program objectives.
> In accordance with Company practices; manage merit, bonus and equity award process.
> Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and staff retention. Effectively coach management through employee relations challenges
> Provide full-cycle HR support for US Expatriate, Third Country National, and home office staff.
> Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
> Confer with international offices and work together with international HR contacts to ensure compliance and employee development in international and field offices.
> Provide supervision and guidance to junior level HR staff.
> Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field
> Minimum of ten (10) years' progressive human resources experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
> Minimum of 5 years' experience with a global company, managing and/or interacting with a variety of country offices is strongly preferred
> PHR Required. SPHR or GPHR are strongly preferred
> Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, human resource development, employee diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
> Experience working in International Development or Government Contracting is strongly preferred
> Experience working with USAID, World Bank, or other donor-funded project employment contracts and employment agreements is a plus
> Willingness to travel as required
> Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills.
> Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
> MS Office Suite, HRIS knowledge and other software knowledge to utilize a database and produce requisite reports.
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening.
Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Director Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more International HRM Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. Jobs
View More Jobs in Arlington, VA:
- View more jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Human Resources Director jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- HR Generalist jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Training/Development jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Organizational Development jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- International HRM jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Employee Relations jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. jobs in Arlington, Virginia
View More Jobs in VA:
- View more jobs in Virginia
- Human Resources Director jobs in Virginia
- HR Generalist jobs in Virginia
- Training/Development jobs in Virginia
- Organizational Development jobs in Virginia
- International HRM jobs in Virginia
- Employee Relations jobs in Virginia
- Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. jobs in Virginia