Human Resources Director
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE & JOB PURPOSE
The Human Resource Director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
- Administers employee health, welfare and retirement plans. Benefit programs include: 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental, short term disability, long term disability, workers compensation, leave of absence, HSA Spending (Section 125), Uniform Program, etc.
- Manages payroll process and oversees related accounting task.
- Acts as liaison between employee, insurance providers and to resolve benefit problems and ensure effective utilization of plan and positive employee relations.
- Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Produce an annual store and corporate level training budget in accordance with the C.O.O.’s timeline.
- Maintain essential store training on a regular scheduled basis like Shift Manager Certification, Honesty / Integrity, Sexual Harassment, Professional Management and coordinate training with other directors across the store. Keeping the training alive will be an essential part of any training.
- Manage PIP and IDP assessment programs.
- Responsible for implementing and administrating PeopleStrategy eHCM system.
- Annually review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the company’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Administer international student summer hire program.
- Manage related department staff.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures company’s compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for company compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in company personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of company wage and salary program.
- Oversees analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data when needed. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc) for management.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO & COO, on personnel matters.
- Manages annual open enrollment period during designated times each year. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers. Conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Processes monthly billing from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Talent Acquisition/Retention – hiring, on-boarding, training, exit interviews.
- Prepares government reports related to EEO compliance or other HR functions.
- Writes, revises edits and proofreads company policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
The job will operate in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit’ use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Human Resources Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Communications Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Presentation Skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Must have computer skills and the ability to learn HR systems and be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 4-10 years’ related experience.
- Master’s degree is preferred level of education and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience required in administering 401(k) retirement programs.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations is required.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Director Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Woods Supermarket Jobs
View More Jobs in Bolivar, MO:
- View more jobs in Bolivar, Missouri
- Human Resources Director jobs in Bolivar, Missouri
- Legal jobs in Bolivar, Missouri
- Benefits jobs in Bolivar, Missouri
- Employee Relations jobs in Bolivar, Missouri
- Organizational Development jobs in Bolivar, Missouri
- Training/Development jobs in Bolivar, Missouri
- Woods Supermarket jobs in Bolivar, Missouri