Human Resources Director
Portland Development Commission
- Organizational Development
- EEO/Affirmative Action
The Director of Human Resources leads a comprehensive human resources management program. The Director serves as a member of the Leadership Team and is responsible for developing and implementing strategies, policies and initiatives to deliver internal equity goals in collaboration with the PDC Equity Council and colleagues; manages activities of the Human Resources Department; provides expert professional assistance and guidance on human resources programs, performance management, employee relations, labor relations and organizational development issues; consults and partners with employees at all levels to achieve agency-wide human resources goals and objectives.
You must complete an online application to be considered for this position. Please note – Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Monday, April 10, 2017. Visit www.pdc.us for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. PDC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of human resources processes, functions, legal requirements, and practices in a public sector environment.
- Experience in developing and leading equity initiatives that have created greater workforce diversity and understanding of social inequalities that affect the workplace and society.
- Demonstrated experience leading, planning and directing a comprehensive human resources and organizational development program for a complex organization in a climate of change.
- Understand and be able to apply principles and practices of organizational design and development.
- Understand and be able to apply principles and practices of public administration, including budgeting, financial planning, purchasing and the maintenance of public records.
- Very strong proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Complex problem solving and decision making skills to address project related and long term financial, organizational, and policy issues.
- Ability to discern key facts, balance multiple priorities and demonstrate sound judgment on a range of internal and external issues, including economic development, public policy, political environment, financial strategies, relationships, and communications.
- Ability to communicate complex information, both verbal and written, to all levels of the organization and outside stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including relationship building and people management.
- Advanced planning, strategic thinking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex information on a continuous basis.
- Strong process orientation.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Ability to provide vision and leadership.
- Provide high-quality customer service, customer relationship management, and internal consulting concepts and practices.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with executives, managers and employees in a fast-paced and complex organization.
Minimum Education and/or Training
Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or industrial relations is required, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
At least ten years of progressively responsible human resources experience. At least eight years of leadership or management experience with five years in human resources, specifically.
Preferred Education/Training and/or Experience
A post graduate degree in human resources or a related field and a SPHR or SHRM CP certification is preferred. Experience in a governmental/public setting is preferred.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Director Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Diversity Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Portland Development Commission Jobs
View More Jobs in Portland, OR:
- View more jobs in Portland, Oregon
- Human Resources Director jobs in Portland, Oregon
- Training/Development jobs in Portland, Oregon
- Organizational Development jobs in Portland, Oregon
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Portland, Oregon
- Diversity jobs in Portland, Oregon
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Portland, Oregon
- Portland Development Commission jobs in Portland, Oregon