Human Resources Director
King County Information Technology
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
King County Information Technology (KCIT) is searching for an exceptional Human Resources Director to lead the Human Resources Team; driving talent acquisition, labor relations, employee engagement, performance management, workforce development and countywide human resources systems. Continuing to build an extraordinary workplace, this leader must be creative and innovative in their approach and ideas while being flexible and adaptable to a changing and fast paced environment.
We are looking for a "dynamic leader" who brings fresh ideas and develops the organization from a performance and culture perspective by implementing and overseeing initiatives that increase efficiency, strengthen employee knowledge and abilities. This position is responsible for the integration of human resources programs and King County strategic initiatives for the department.
WORK LOCATION: Downtown Seattle in the King County Chinook Building, 401 Fifth Ave, Seattle, WA, 98104
REPORTS TO: This position is a member of the KCIT Senior Management team and reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for King County.
For information about the status of your application please contact Melanie Hanisco at (206) 263-8062 or email email@example.com
- Builds and leverages relationships at all levels in King County, informing and assisting others while being viewed as a valued, trusted, and credible business partner.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to leadership team and subordinate managers, assisting them to carry out their business and functional plans.
- Works collaboratively across the organization, analyzing problems, developing and implementing effective solutions in a complex and ever changing environment.
- Provides guidance to objectively assess and resolve employee relations issues, claims, and challenges, getting out in front of issues before they become difficult to manage.
- Interprets employment law and human resource practices to reduce liability, ensure consistency and compliance with human resources programs, labor and employment law, labor agreements and policies.
- Participate in and support negotiations of collective bargaining agreements, contract implementation and interpretation, and employee disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Implements success measures to coach managers to be proactive in employee relations and avoid reactionary situations.
- Represents and defends King County's interests with internal and external legal counsel when appropriate.
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to drive and/or lead change.
- Facilitates effective change management initiatives.
- Develops and conducts team development/team building strategies both proactively and, when necessary, to improve team performance, effectively allocating resources to meet business needs.
- Presents options to leaders on organizational structure, roles and responsibilities, employee development, etc. based on organizational strategies.
- Manages requests for accommodations (ADA, religious, and others as applicable by law) to ensure adherence to all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Identifies and delivers training, both compliance and leadership, to client work group(s) (e.g., Diversity, harassment, and discrimination).
- Identifies business environment needs based on changing regulations, government rules, policies, and procedures and implement solutions.
- Develops and mentors employees within HR team and across department.
- Communicates information clearly and effectively through verbal and written formats with consideration of audiences.
- Deals with sensitive, confidential and stressful situations while maintaining professional behavior, integrity and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in human resources at the professional/management level, preferably from an information technology organization/department.
- Direct working knowledge of major HR functions including workforce planning, recruitment, compensation and benefits, risk management, HRIS, employee relations, performance management, employment, training & development and the relevant laws and regulations.
- Excellent understanding and hands-on knowledge of progressive workplace practices, taking advantage of available technology and resources.
- Experience and desire to manage and lead talented human resources staff, through clear communications bringing out the best in the staff.
- Strategic thinker with extensive experience solving complex organizational problems through people-related solutions.
- Ability to translate strategies into tactical actions and solutions, seizing opportunities and acting without hesitation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective work relationships, influence behavior, manage change and coach both managers and employees.
- Enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission, goals and values of KCIT and HR, establishing credibility, trust and partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to take quick and timely action while willing to be the only champion for an idea or position.
- Creativity, innovation and ability to think out-of- the-box in problem-solving, organizational diagnosis and solution generation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal form at a high level, bringing clarity to human resources issues and providing information to staff and leadership.
- Effective interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to read situations quickly and settle disputes with a minimum of noise.
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Bachelor's degree in HR management, business, social sciences or related disciplines or equivalent experience.
- SHRM SCP Certification
- Prior experience in public sector/government
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Director Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Diversity Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more King County Information Technology Jobs
View More Jobs in Seattle, WA:
- View more jobs in Seattle, Washington
- Human Resources Director jobs in Seattle, Washington
- Legal jobs in Seattle, Washington
- HR Generalist jobs in Seattle, Washington
- Diversity jobs in Seattle, Washington
- Employee Relations jobs in Seattle, Washington
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Seattle, Washington
- King County Information Technology jobs in Seattle, Washington