Human Resources Director
Fruit Growers Supply Company
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resources Director will manage an effective HR team, aiding top management in effectively leading the Company’s workforce by evaluating, recommending, developing, implementing, and maintaining programs and policies encompassing the following:
Employee Relations - Participates in the resolution of employee grievances; counsels employees on employment-related issues. Counsels supervisory staff in performance management and resolving employee problems. Monitors employee counseling and disciplinary procedures; monitors and approves involuntary terminations. Advises management on major employee problems and liability as needed.
Performance Management - Create and implement effective performance review programs designed to measure individual performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and recognize superior performance. Train Business Unit leaders on establishing and managing measurable goals to achieve Business Unit objectives.
Career Management/Succession Planning - Work closely with management to identify high potential employees, develop career programs to foster continued growth in responsibility, and manage their progression in a formal manner. Participates as a member of the management team to strengthen organizational capacity, and promotes the Company's goals and philosophies.
Training/Development - Identify, recommend, and as necessary, conduct training programs to aid individuals and groups in acquiring skills required to achieve company objectives. Works with managers to determine staff development and training needs. Monitors results of training to ensure they are meeting the Company’s goals.
Employment/Staffing - In support of, and in collaboration with, business unit/department heads, identify and recruit the talent needed to meet the Company’s objectives. Develop and manage a consistent process for on-boarding and training of new employees. Works with managers to forecast staffing needs. Provides advice and guidance to supervisory staff in making employment-related decisions.
Compensation/Payroll - Develop, recommend and maintain competitive compensation programs for all employees, including incentive programs where appropriate. Manage the company’s payroll systems, ensuring accurate and timely disbursement.
Benefits/Administration/Services - Review, develop, recommend, and administer cost effective and appropriate benefit programs. Communicates to all staff, business unit/department heads and top management. Participates in the negotiation and recommendation of benefit programs for the Company that are industry competitive.
Compliance – Develops and recommends implementation of all human resources policies to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and local ordinances. Consults with legal counsel on human resources matters. Participates in ongoing education/training to keep abreast of changes which impact Company policies and procedures by participating in seminars and classes, membership in professional organizations, and leveraging contacts in the industry.
Records/Systems - Oversees the establishment and maintenance of personnel files and records, HRIS system, ensuring confidentiality of same; provides senior management with routine and special reports; and ensures preparation and submission of employee information to government agencies, and other entities as required by law or contract.
Supervision – Manages the human resources department (3-5 employees) including interviewing applicants for employment; assigning and reviewing progress of assignments; conducting performance reviews and recommending salary increases; and leading the HR Team to higher levels of expertise by encouraging further development, participation in seminars and providing learning opportunities within the department.
Morale - Monitor employee morale and job satisfaction, and communicate status to Executive Management. Identify, recommend, implement programs to maintain and improve morale.
Core Behaviors – Perform the functions of the position by demonstrating and promoting Leadership, Urgency, Accountability, Effectiveness, Self-motivation, Adaptability, and Goal Orientation. Strive to engender same throughout culture of the organization.
Safety - In collaboration with business unit/department heads, create effective safety programs and maintain documentation and reporting regarding the same, supporting a "Safety First" environment throughout the Company.Coordinate all Workers’ Comp activities through Company’s Workers Compensation Insurance carrier.
Undergraduate degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business. Advanced degree in Industrial Relations or Business a plus.
- Ten years or more Human Resources work of increasing responsibility, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience with Union environments a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing programs to achieve the listed objectives of the position.
- A strong working knowledge of all human resource activities and associated state and Federal regulations (e.g. COBRA, Wage and Hour laws, Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment regulations, OSHA, Workers’ Compensation, Americans with Disabilities Act, FMLA, CFRA, etc.)
- A working knowledge of short- and long-term corporate policies and strategies.
- Effective negotiation skills to negotiate with service providers
- Very effective oral and written communications skills sufficient to write comprehensive reports and policies, and develop/implement presentations for management, the board of directors, etc.
- Accounting and general math skills sufficient to prepare and monitor budgets, analyze compensation and benefits data, and prepare associated statistical and metrics reports.
- Personal computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and HRIS.
- Demonstrated management skills to supervise a small staff and participate in the senior management team
- Ability to work independently and make well-reasoned business decisions
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the team and foster a team environment in the HR Department.
View More Jobs in CA:
- View more jobs in California
- Human Resources Director jobs in California
- HR Generalist jobs in California
- Communications jobs in California
- Employee Relations jobs in California
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in California
- Organizational Development jobs in California
- Fruit Growers Supply Company jobs in California