Human Resources Director
San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
The Human Resource Director builds the foundation and culture that attracts, retains, motivates, and manages the people needed to achieve Tribal goals. Provides overall strategic HR leadership and drives key Human Resources strategies and execution in all aspects of the Tribe including: overseeing the development and implementation of human resources processes and programs, all employee services and benefits, payroll, recruiting, selection, training, legal compliance, and personnel policies and procedures. Oversees and administers the Tribe’s General Welfare and Safe Harbor Programs for Tribal members. Maintains currency in HR practices and leverages this knowledge and best practices to ensure leadership provides a positive and successful work environment for its employees. Works along with the Economic Development Agency for all their HR functions as well as handles all HR issues with the Golf Course enterprise. This position requires the highest level of judgment, integrity, and accountability to ensure successful operations per San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians’ policies and regulations. Carries out responsibilities independently or in collaboration with the COO; makes decisions and takes action based on previous experience and excellent judgement to achieve desired results.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, manages, evaluates and implements human resource programs, policies and guidelines. Helps shape the organization’s cultural environment.
- Serves as internal advisor, coach, and mediator to managers in employee situations.
- Ensures employee recognitions, reward, bonus, and benefit programs contribute to a motivated, positive, and effective workforce.
- Manages employment functions and oversees the recruitment, testing, and screening of employees and the extension of offers of employment.
- Ensures supervisors have training and self-improvement programs for all employees. Assist in the development of these programs.
- Administers employee benefit plans such as medical, dental, disability, life, retirement, sick, vacation, employee assistance programs, etc.
- Administers the 401K enrollment process. Works closely with the Benefits Manager to assure adherence to negotiated plan document.
- Administers revises and maintains job descriptions, classification and compensation plan, and employee development programs.
- Administers human resource policies and interprets personnel and contract rules involving tribal employees. Prepares and recommends revisions to policies.
- Administers the workers’ compensation and risk management programs, in consultation with the Benefits Manager, to ensure a safe work environment.
- Administers the Tribe’s General Welfare and Safe Harbor Programs.
- Develops and administers the Human Resources annual department budget.
- Represents the Tribe at personnel related hearings and/or investigations.
- Counsels employees on employment issues in accordance with the adopted policies and procedures and legal guidelines.
- Ensures supervisors provide proper and timely performance reviews.
- Complies with all applicable Tribal, Federal, and State laws to support the Human Resource Department
- Determines the human resource department staffing needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated integrity, ethics, and judgement. Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and maintains confidentiality of all human resource matters.
- Self- motivated, energetic, team builder, brings a high sense of urgency and drive for results. Excellent organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Comprehensive understanding of management and leadership principles, and current state and federal laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, must be capable of presenting ideas in a clear and compelling manner both verbally and written to all levels of the organization including board of directors. Must possess the ability to generate professional written correspondence.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to harness new technology to increase the efficiency of HR programs and processes.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must possess State of California Driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Knowledge of HRIS system (Kronos desired).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Organizational Development or related field, Master’s degree preferred. SPR or THRP desired.
- Minimum 10 years of broad-based HR experience in progressive roles. Solid generalist background in key HR areas.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at management level, preferably for a 100+ employee organization.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, and State laws.
- Experience working with Native Americans and Native American Tribes is beneficial.
Compensation package includes competitive salary, generous vacation and holidays, and excellent family healthcare benefits. No relocation available.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Director Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians Jobs
View More Jobs in Valley Center, CA:
- View more jobs in Valley Center, California
- Human Resources Director jobs in Valley Center, California
- Compensation jobs in Valley Center, California
- Employee Relations jobs in Valley Center, California
- HRIS jobs in Valley Center, California
- Organizational Development jobs in Valley Center, California
- Training/Development jobs in Valley Center, California
- San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians jobs in Valley Center, California
View More Jobs in CA:
- View more jobs in California
- Human Resources Director jobs in California
- Compensation jobs in California
- Employee Relations jobs in California
- HRIS jobs in California
- Organizational Development jobs in California
- Training/Development jobs in California
- San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians jobs in California