Human Resources Director
- Organizational Development
- Labor/Industrial Relations
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Director for our corporate headquarters in Vernon, CA. In addition to managing day-to-day human resources activities, the successful candidate will shape and execute the company’s training, personnel development and hiring strategy. The plant will be run 24/7 365. We're seeking an impact player - who is fully aligned with our mission - who can grow alongside us and impact our success story. The HR Director will help to set our culture that will reward success, be inclusive, respectful of new ideas, diverse opinions and be a meritocracy where individuals will be promoted on the basis of their performance, ability to grow and contribute to our success.
The ideal candidate for the Human Resources Director role will have experience in the manufacturing sector – preferably in packaging manufacturing and/or PET recycling, be knowledgeable about California and Federal worker safety requirements and experience in developing new hire and ongoing worker training regimens across a diverse number of job functions. This is a dynamic role that relies on strong generalist experience, resourcefulness and responsiveness in a fast paced environment. This role requires a hands-on leader, motivator, team builder and communicator. As a member of the executive team, the HR Director will manage both the day-to-day tactical needs and design/execute the people strategy to ensure our planned growth is supported. Reporting directly to the Co-CEOs, the Human Resources Director is a strategic business partner to the leadership team and will be responsible for human resources related matters for the Company and Associates. Responsibilities include Associate relations, policy creation and management, health and welfare benefits, retirement benefits, safety and security, workers compensation, payroll, compensation, taxes, onboarding, terminations, training, human resource information systems, and legal compliance.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent across all roles.
- Diagnose business issues and identifies appropriate HR services to address needs.
- Coaches managers on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to enhance our competitive advantage.
- Stays current in HR law and important issues that could impact the business and shares knowledge with business teams.
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency across the Company.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Organizational Excellence, Practical Process Improvement, etc.) preferred
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Must possess computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, email, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a rapid-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Knowledge of accepted training and development practices.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to have a meaningful role in the building of an industry leading organization.
About rPlanet Earth
rPlanet Earth is a well-capitalized, newly formed company that will recycle post consumer polyethylene terephthalate (“PET”) and manufacture high recycled PET (“rPET”) content packaging for the food, beverage, cosmetics and other consumer products industries in our completely vertically integrated plant. The plant is currently under construction in Vernon, CA and will be our corporate headquarters. We plan to build several more similar plants across the US to establish the first coast-to-coast network of high quality “bottle grade” rPET packaging manufacturing facilities. Our goal is to be the industry leader in low carbon footprint/sustainable PET based packaging.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- BS/BA in related discipline required, masters degree a plus. SPHR/GPHR or similar is preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with 10+ years related HR experience and a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have recent HR management experience in California with 50+ employees.
- Significant broad experience in HR, including larger, complex organizations with multiple locations domestically.
- Experience in the planning, execution and management of the hiring a large number of employees in a short period of time. The Company anticipates the need to hire 135 employees when the plant opens, with the number doubling in Vernon when the second line is installed. As we expand across the US our headcount will grow significantly.
- A track record of success in developing and implementing successful HR programs and strong follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with business leaders and employees to effectively drive change and achieve business goals.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Director Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Diversity Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more rPlanet Earth Jobs
View More Jobs in Vernon, CA:
- View more jobs in Vernon, California
- Human Resources Director jobs in Vernon, California
- Organizational Development jobs in Vernon, California
- Training/Development jobs in Vernon, California
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Vernon, California
- Diversity jobs in Vernon, California
- Benefits jobs in Vernon, California
- rPlanet Earth jobs in Vernon, California