Human Resources Generalist
- HR Generalist
DIVERSITY, a human services company who provides supports to individuals with developmental disabilities, is seeking an energetic and passionate human resources professional to serve as their Human Resources Generalist. Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Manager, this position will play a key role in leading HR operations and special projects. The Human Resources Generalist will manage the following day to day activities, under the guidance of the Senior Human Resources Manager: providing human resource support in the areas of corporate policies and procedures, state and federal regulation compliance, reporting and other related human resource functions. This position will process payroll using Paylocity electronic time keeping system, employee relations, performance management, HR strategy, recruiting/staffing and management coaching. The Human Resources Generalist will direct the implementation of critical company initiatives in support of integration, sharing of best practices, general compliance and continuous improvement. Information about us can be found at www.onediversity.org
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Experience working in a human services field is preferred.
- Experience with high volume salaried/hourly staffing strongly preferred.
- Partner effectively with employees and managers to handle general HR demands.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Oversee and manage salaried/hourly staffing plans (recruiting/retention/turnover/ performance).
- Ability to investigate employee situations and discern fair and appropriate next steps.
- Create, improve and administer human resource policies and procedures.
- Determine implementation strategies and customization requirements for HR plans, programs, processes, and tools to ensure the plants’ needs are met.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience in a human services environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred or a combination of relevant experience and education is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations.
- Systems-oriented way of thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company.
- Experience with payroll system upgrades and implementation.
- Experience with organizing annual open enrollment for benefits, changing benefit carriers, implementing plan design changes.
- Experience with payroll and benefit reporting, and data analysis from payroll and benefit systems, and researching and troubleshooting issues.
- Experience with hourly recruiting, employee relations and engagement, benefits administration, payroll, policy communication and administration, HR compliance, etc.
- Past experience in safety management and handling worker’s compensation a plus.