Human Resources Generalist
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- HR Generalist
Skadden is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to perform cross-functional Human Resources assignments such as Employee Relations, Training and Development, HRIS, FMLA/Benefits Administration, Accommodations, Policy Administration, and Recruitment. The Generalist will provide assistance with data analysis, employee policies and special projects, and will serve as a resource to all firm personnel by responding to inquiries regarding Human Resources programs and/or firm policies and procedures.
- Participates in the recruitment and on-boarding process of Support Staff employees, including collaborating with hiring managers to develop diverse recruitment strategies, utilizing various sources to market and advertise position vacancies; screening resumes, conducting interviews, and referring qualified applicants to the appropriate supervisor and/or manager.
- Ensures recruitment efforts are in compliance with OFCCP regulations and are consistent with a government contractor status.
- Administers FMLA, including meeting with employees, maintaining files, tracking leave related to intermittent FMLA, unpaid leave and disability leave, and coordinating FMLA recertification.
- Processes status changes in HRIS system related to disability, FMLA and unpaid leave and provides supporting documentation.
- Facilitates the accommodation process in accordance with the ADA. Maintains accommodation files and documentation.
- Handles Employee Relations issues, including coaching, counseling, documentation and administering disciplinary action and terminations.
- Participates in internal investigations.
- Participates in the training and development provided to staff, including meeting with facilitators, customizing training content, auditing classes, maintaining the Skadden University website, and collecting feedback.
- Coordinates and schedules training and development, including Skadden University, New Hire Orientation, and 6-Month orientation programs for Support Staff.
- Maintains training and development information in the NYC training calendar and processes reports as needed.
- Assist with policy administration, including creating, updating, and interpreting policies for Support Staff.
- Participates in the annual update to all Firm policies and the annual acknowledgement process.
- Participates in annual audits of job descriptions, internal processes and documentation; ensures accuracy of responsibilities, consistency and compliance with FLSA requirements.
- Participates in the Support Staff annual performance review process, monthly reviews and progress reports.
- Conducts market research and internal and external pay analysis.
- Participates in the implementation and coordination of department projects, including identifying resources, overseeing progress of ongoing projects and communicating closely with management regarding progress of projects.
- Assists with HR work/life initiatives such as employee assistance programs and promotions.
- Provides general HR support and guidance to all domestic and international offices.
- Seeks to enhance knowledge of Human Resources procedures and processes.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of Human Resources practices, techniques and business trends
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor and regulatory requirements
- Broad and thorough knowledge of Excel and MS Word and a understanding of employee database applications
- Ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Takes initiative and responsibility when dealing with departmental issues
- Ability to work and advance skills independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years of related Human Resources experience
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Generalist Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP Jobs