Human Resources Generalist(s) and Business Analyst
City of Eugene
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
- Labor/Industrial Relations
Does being a critical member of a skilled professional team motivate you? Do you exude confidence in practicing a variety of Human Resource disciplines? As a lifelong learner, do you love the thrill of new and interesting challenges? Is it important for you to have fun at work? Have you imagined yourself living in the richness of the Pacific Northwest?
If you answered yes to these questions this position and team might be right for you.
As part of our dynamic human resources team, you will play an integral role in our nationally and internationally recognized city organization, which delivers quality services to the unique City of Eugene. The ideal candidate will possess excellent experience and skills in: Human Resources, effective communications, strong technical skills, and excellence in customer service.
Using our unique HR service delivery our talented professionals are committed to being drivers of a vital and diverse work environment and strive to create and support an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are strategically aligned to focus on business partner outcomes.
We currently have three available positions resulting from current staff taking new opportunities and an anticipate increase in workload resulting from some upcoming projects. Therefore this recruitment will fill two Human Resources Generalist roles as well as one limited duration Human Resources Analyst role. This posting may also be used to fill temporary roles for project work or future vacancies.
This Human Resources Generalist positions will work as part of the collaborative and innovative Human Resources Divison, contributing to the delivery of comprehensive HR services for the City's dynamic public service environment. Areas of work will include Classification and Compensation, Employee Relations, Training and Development, and Recruitment and Selection. The generalist positions will be a resource in all areas of HR, and will provide focused support to assigned City Departments as part of a team. Current teams serve the Central Services Department, Fire Department and Planning and Development Department or Library, Recreation, and Cultural Services Department and the Police Department. Generalists will work with supervisors, managers and employees to give advice, guidance and information related to disciplines, grievances, recruitment processes, reculations and laws related to HR functions, and provide training and development resources.
We are also planning on filling a Limited Duration Human Resources postion with a focus on Human Resources Business Systems and other HR focused activities and special projects. We anticipate that this position will be about a two year assignment, and may be open to considering a part-time option of about 30 hours per week for the right individual. Temporary professional level employment opportunities may also be available to help accomplish project work.
Management Analyst 1: $25.97 - $33.59
Management Analyst 2: $28.56 - $36.95
Application Deadline: Friday, April 21, 5:00pm
Must pass background check
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
Examples of Duties:
Additional examples of potential duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a resource for supervisors and managers seeking advice and guidance regarding legal, contractual, policy and past practice aspects of employee and labor relations issues.
- Provide guidance to managers and supervisors on disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Provide consultation related to recruitment and selection processes and ensures their validity, legality, and the consideration of EEO/affirmative action.
- Provide training on human resources topics to employees and supervisors.
- Provide consultation in the area of organizational development to increase effectiveness and efficiency of department functions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of recruitment outreach strategies.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Depending on the experience, knowledge, skills and abilities possessed by the applicants, these positions may be filled at either the Management Analyst 1 or Management Analyst 2 level.
Management Analyst 1
Some recent, related professional experience or one year related responsible paraprofessional experience in human resources or a related field.
Management Analyst 2
Two years of recent, responsible professional experience in human resources, preferably including experience in the public sector. PHR, SPHR, or IPMA professional certification preferred.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Public or Business Administration, Psychology, or a related field. Additional qualifying professional level experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
Must pass a background check.
The City of Eugene values diversity in its work force and is committed to affirmative action.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Generalist Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more City of Eugene Jobs
View More Jobs in Eugene, OR:
- View more jobs in Eugene, Oregon
- Human Resources Generalist jobs in Eugene, Oregon
- HR Generalist jobs in Eugene, Oregon
- Employee Relations jobs in Eugene, Oregon
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Eugene, Oregon
- Training/Development jobs in Eugene, Oregon
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Eugene, Oregon
- City of Eugene jobs in Eugene, Oregon