Human Resources Generalist
Independent Community Bankers of America
- HR Generalist
Under the general direction of the President & CEO, the Human Resources Generalist manages the HR function for TCM Bank.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead recruitment efforts for open positions: conduct recruitment strategy meetings with hiring managers, coordinate internal and external job postings and track costs, review resumes, conduct screening interviews, coordinate background checks, prepare offer letters and other new hire correspondence.
- Oversee onboarding process to ensure a smooth, positive introduction to the Bank for all new hires: conduct new hire orientation and follow-up sessions, assemble new hire paperwork and work with ICBA HR Coordinator to ensure timely, accurate payroll set-up and benefits enrollment.
- Work with managers and staff to facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Propose, promote and/or support employee relations initiatives, including but not limited to employee reward/recognition programs, employee surveys/focus groups.
- Identify and implement strategies and opportunities to foster positive employee morale.
- Lead the Bank’s training and development efforts, including assessing training needs and developing or identifying creative, targeted solutions.
- Propose a framework to facilitate career paths/professional development for staff.
- Support the annual performance management process.
Salary / Benefits Administration:
- Assist employees with basic benefits questions and requests for information.
- Maintain current descriptions for all positions; conduct local market salary surveys/benchmarking to make appropriate recommendations that reflect internal/external equity.
- Ensure proper approvals for all proposed compensation actions.
- Works to establish and maintain positive organizational representation and social responsibility within the local community.
- Supervises the Bank’s charitable contributions program, including coordinating the approval process, and screening requests for financial support.
- Coordinates internal and external events; Represents the Bank at charitable events
HR Team Collaboration:
- Work in partnership with Washington DC-based HR staff to ensure consistent application of organizational HR policies and procedures.
- Where applicable, contribute to the planning and implementation of organization-wide HR initiatives, and ensure that TCM Bank employees are aware of and included in such initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; HR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably within a banking and/or call center environment.
- Strong and dependable follow-through on projects and requests; ability to take ownership of core responsibilities and additional assignments independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain credibility, trust and rapport with staff at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, adjust to shifting priorities and implement departmental processes in a timely, consistent manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must bring a strong understanding and awareness of the sensitivity and importance of human resources processes for both the employees and for the organization; must be able to operate with discretion, confidentiality and a sense of urgency when appropriate in executing day-to-day HR processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, knowledge of HRIS.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Generalist Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Independent Community Bankers of America Jobs