Human Resources Manager
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
- HR Generalist
- Organizational Development
Responsible for implementing, administering, and coordinating policies, programs and procedures covering the day-to-day human resources functions in the areas of employment and recruitment, wage and salary administration, employee relations, benefit administration and employee services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all times.
- Oversees processes for employee recruitment, interviewing, testing, selection, processing, transfers, and promotions.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; creates and manages job descriptions as necessary; conducts or participates in annual salary surveys; analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Reviews performance evaluations and merit adjustments for correctness and processes adjustments.
- Assists managers with compensation related issues.
- Participates in the development of personnel policies and procedures. Recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; assists with the preparation and maintenance of the Team Member Handbook on policies and procedures.
- Assists Benefits Manager with the administration of the 401(k) retirement plan, files required federal filings and serves as the primary contact for the retirement plan.
- Maintains the retirement plan document and any amendments, monitors plan activity,distributes Summary Plan Descriptions, Annual Reports and employee notifications as required.
- Prepares, collects and organizes data for audit and/or assessment of the retirement plan.
- Handles retirement plan inquiries and assists Team Members with loans, rollovers, hardship distributions and other types of distributions.
- Assists in the management of employee benefit programs. Confers with management regarding benefit costs. Recommends additions or changes where needed.
- Oversees records maintenance and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
- Oversees the administration and management of all personnel record-keeping systems, including employee files and the HR management system to ensure confidentiality and accuracy.
- Oversees the Team Member Relief Program, ensuring Team Members meet eligibility requirements; processes requests and maintains records of all requests.
- Evaluates reports,decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Oversees the notification process to departments of cleared gaming licenses for new hires, transfers, permanent or renewed licenses.
- Assists with the administration and interpretation of the labor agreement as it applies to the human resources functions.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures casino compliance.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the Director or V.P. of Human Resources.
- Mentors and assists with the development of human resources staff members.
- Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Ushers as needed by management for events.
- Performs any reasonable request made by management.
Supervises Human Resource staff under span of control.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,assigning,and directing work; appraising performance;rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field with specialized training in human resources, employment law, compensation, or related areas or an equivalent combination of education and experience that enables performance in all aspects of the position. Three to four years of progressive supervisory experience in human resources administration. PHR or SPHR certification desirable.
Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employment practices and employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements. Previous experience administering 401(k) retirement programs. Ability to work with auditors, insurance providers, benefit staff, and retirement plan providers. General compensation knowledge as it relates to the analysis, design and/or administration of compensation programs and DOL requirements. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgments on proposals. Strong analytical skills and thorough knowledge of plan designs.
organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required. Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino Jobs
View More Jobs in Coarsegold, CA:
- View more jobs in Coarsegold, California
- Human Resources Manager jobs in Coarsegold, California
- HR Generalist jobs in Coarsegold, California
- HRIS jobs in Coarsegold, California
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Coarsegold, California
- Organizational Development jobs in Coarsegold, California
- Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino jobs in Coarsegold, California