Human Resources Manager
- HR Generalist
The Woodbridge Group® a global manufacturer of foam products and just in time assembly & sequencing for diversified products offers innovative urethane and bead foam technologies, to serve the automotive industry and several other business sectors around the globe. Since its inception in 1978, the company has grown to more than 60 facilities throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The key competitive strength for the Woodbridge Group® continues to revolve around its people and their commitment to improve everything they do. With over 8,000 employees worldwide, The Woodbridge Group® is focused on evolving workplace safety, sustainable environmental stewardship and enduring customer satisfaction, in each of the markets they serve.
Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level that involve administering policies, programs and practices in the following areas: employee relations, recruiting, compensation, training, employment, affirmative action, equity, benefits, compliance, safety, etc. Duties include formulating policies and procedures for Human Resources Department and recommending policies and practices to senior management.
- Manage all HR related functions for the facility.
- Facilitates & provides training to workforce as needed
- Interpret and administer corporate policies and programs, employment-related legislation including the development, implementation and communication of location practices and policies through various vehicles including handbooks, systems and practices.
- Interprets and administers the collective agreement through local management.
- Responsible for recruiting, HS&E and other HR functions.
- Will be responsible for key elements in the safety leadership program
- Responsible for prudent management of departmental budget including budget preparation and cost control
- Play an essential role in the health & safety and quality audit process.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education. Professional designation preferred.
- Five years of progressive experience in Human Resources functions, including experience in supervisory or managerial role in a manufacturing environment.
- A solid working knowledge of applicable employment legislation including Health & Safety, Workers Compensation, Human Rights, OLRA, Employment Standards, EEO, AAP, DOL, etc.
- Experience in staffing professional, technical, clerical, skilled trades and production functions including testing, screening and training.
- Good knowledge of salary administration and benefit administration.
- Experience in the interpretations and administration of collective agreements and working with Unions, including negotiations, is an asset.
- Experience in team building, innovative pro-active work practices employee communications an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate, ability to work in spreadsheets and word-processing coupled with knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and Kaizen