Human Resources Manager
Jackson Municipal Airport Authority
- Organizational Development
- Employee Relations
The Human Resources (HR) Manager provides administrative and supervisory support for all human resource management activities of the Airport Authority to maximize the strategic use of human resources. The incumbent maintains functions, including, but not limited to regulatory compliance, staff recruitment and retention; wage, salary, and benefits administration; facilitation of performance management; policy and procedure management. It is required that the HR Manager demonstrate initiative in problem resolution and prevention, exercise considerable independent judgment, and provide accurate technical advice to employees and managers in all aspects of human resource management.
Starting salary is $50,000.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Director of Administration and Human Resources.
Exercises supervision over subordinate HR employees.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Essential and important duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Identify staff vacancies and work in coordination with management in appropriate recruitment, interviewing and selecting applicants.
Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, conflict resolution, and administering disciplinary procedures.
Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
With direction from Director of Administration and Human Resources, analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
In coordination with the Human Resources Specialist, plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems.
Ensure compliance with all people related statutory and company procedures.
Produce monthly reports on HR and training matters, including delivery against social value commitments including apprenticeships, graduates and work experience placements.
Oversee the Training to ensure training material is delivered correctly and within company requirements.
Ensure that adequate training records are kept and maintained
Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to all human resource functions.
Facilitate the accurate transmittal of payroll information to the Finance Department to insure accurate and timely payment of wages.
Administers and reports on Equal Employment Opportunity Program.
Best practices in human resource management
Effective HR principles and practices for recruitment, retention and development of a diversified workforce.
Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations pertaining to human resources administration.
Mentor effectively in human resource management with a strong commitment to customer service
Design and implement effective programs and services for a diverse workforce
Demonstrate capacity to interact effectively with a diverse community
Effectively negotiate and solve problems
Contribute at both the strategic and operational levels
Demonstrate strong management, leadership and presentation skills
Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Self-starter, detail-oriented, and ability to work with minimal supervision
Maintain high integrity and confidentiality
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
5 – 10 years or more of human resources generalist experience, preferably in a progressive, high growth, and results-oriented environment
A minimum of 3 years in a Supervisory or Management role.
Sound working knowledge of operational HR and training issues
Solid understanding of HR policies, best practice and employment law and regulations at both the state and federal level
Experience with designing and facilitating employee training
Experience with managing and developing HR staff
Strong relationship/stakeholder management skills
Demonstrated ability to successfully multitask and maintain a high level of accuracy
Proactive team player but able to act on own initiative and take responsibility as required
Emotionally intelligent with demonstrable experience of influencing and challenging Senior Management
PHR (Professional in Human Resources) or SPHR (Senior Professional in Human
Resources) or other Human Resource certification is preferred.
Excellent Benefits include, but are not limited to:
* Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS)
* Employer pays 100% of employees’ medical, dental, life, long term disability and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
* Employees earn vacation and medical leave on a monthly basis.
* Employees receive pay for 10 holidays and any other day proclaimed as a holiday.
* Educational Reimbursement available to all fulltime employees for educational expenses.
Please submit a completed copy of the following employment application to:
Jackson Municipal Airport Authority
Human Resources Department
Post Office Box 98109
Jackson, MS 39298-8109
Fax: (601) 664-3514
Acceptance deadline is April 20, 2017
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more Other Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Jackson Municipal Airport Authority Jobs
View More Jobs in Jackson, MS:
- View more jobs in Jackson, Mississippi
- Human Resources Manager jobs in Jackson, Mississippi
- Other jobs in Jackson, Mississippi
- Organizational Development jobs in Jackson, Mississippi
- Administrative jobs in Jackson, Mississippi
- Employee Relations jobs in Jackson, Mississippi
- Training/Development jobs in Jackson, Mississippi
- Jackson Municipal Airport Authority jobs in Jackson, Mississippi
View More Jobs in MS:
- View more jobs in Mississippi
- Human Resources Manager jobs in Mississippi
- Other jobs in Mississippi
- Organizational Development jobs in Mississippi
- Administrative jobs in Mississippi
- Employee Relations jobs in Mississippi
- Training/Development jobs in Mississippi
- Jackson Municipal Airport Authority jobs in Mississippi