Human Resources Manager
A.O. Smith Corporation
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
- EEO/Affirmative Action
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $2.5 billion company with 143 year history and more than 13,800 employees worldwide. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification products in a number of emerging countries.
With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide. We have sales and distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. It values people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action. For more information regarding A. O. Smith, visit our website at www.aosmith.com.
Our McBee, SC facility is located midway between Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC. This facility has achieved continued growth from a productivity, revenue and profitability perspective. The Human Resource Manager in our McBee, SC location, will support our leading commercial water heater and boiler manufacturing operation of nearly 500 employees.
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for leading all Human Resources and Safety for nearly 500 employees in the manufacturing operations and they will be proficient in the responsibilities listed below. The HR Manager will also provide strategic support for our 50+ employee Charlotte, NC facility, which produces pump tanks and expansion tanks.
- Experience in a multi-shift manufacturing operation with a large hourly employee workforce.
- Expertise with developing and executing a comprehensive HR strategy including policy development and deployment, and team development.
- Thorough experience developing and leading exempt direct reports.
- Partner with site leadership, North American Operations leadership, and corporate HR to drive continuous improvement toward business results and aligning facility HR objectives with the business to drive organizational value.
- Drive a culture of mutual trust and respect, maintaining the site’s union free environment.
- Lead and champion all talent-related programs creating a robust talent pipeline and increasing organizational capability for the site and across the organization.
- Lead site employee engagement efforts, providing consultation and recommendations to key stakeholders in the areas of talent management, employee relations, change management, performance management, recognition, safety, wellness, and other employee initiatives.
- Partner with site Safety Leader and management team to develop a world class safety culture, eliminating lost time accidents and reducing workers’ compensation costs.
- Work with corporate level Lean expert to establish CI and Lean Manufacturing programs.
- Provide exception HR Service (speed, accuracy, detail) to internal customers.
- Utilize solid floor presence and other strategies to stay connected to the pulse of employees; taking a proactive approach towards improvement of identified opportunities.
- Lead and/or participate as a team member on corporate and business unit HR strategic initiatives.
- Ensure processes and systems are in place for effective communication, maintaining open and transparent lines of communication.
- Actively seek opportunities to share best practices across the broader organization’s HR function.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory compliance agencies as it relates to labor, wage and hour and employment laws.
- Represents the organization appropriately in the community, seeking opportunities to maximize and reinforce our reputation as an employer of choice.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resources, Business, or a degree related discipline is required. Masters in Human Resources or MBA Preferred.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of overall Human Resource experience is required.
- Human Resource experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- HR Supervisory/Management experience and supporting both hourly and salaried employees is required.
- Experience driving strategic efforts in Safety/EHS and overseeing site Safety Leader..
- Proven experience driving accountability across an organization.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills: involves the right stakeholders; asks the right questions; understands the interrelationships of variables; utilizes data analytics and other key inputs to make decisions; anticipates the ripple effect of decisions on the business and people.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity, prioritizing efforts and resources accordingly.
- Utilizes creative and entrepreneurial approach toward continuous improvement.
- Ability to establish credibility with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success with getting results and adding value in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more A.O. Smith Corporation Jobs
View More Jobs in McBee, SC:
- View more jobs in McBee, South Carolina
- Human Resources Manager jobs in McBee, South Carolina
- HR Generalist jobs in McBee, South Carolina
- Employee Relations jobs in McBee, South Carolina
- Organizational Development jobs in McBee, South Carolina
- Training/Development jobs in McBee, South Carolina
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in McBee, South Carolina
- A.O. Smith Corporation jobs in McBee, South Carolina
View More Jobs in SC:
- View more jobs in South Carolina
- Human Resources Manager jobs in South Carolina
- HR Generalist jobs in South Carolina
- Employee Relations jobs in South Carolina
- Organizational Development jobs in South Carolina
- Training/Development jobs in South Carolina
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in South Carolina
- A.O. Smith Corporation jobs in South Carolina