Human Resources Manager
National Real Estate Advisors, LLC
- HR Generalist
Classification: Exempt; Full-time
Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports To: Director, Human Resources and Administration
Location: Washington, DC
Date: December 2016
Human Resources and Administration Overview: Under the direction of Director, Human Resources and Administration manage and maintain confidentiality related to the day-to-day operations and recordkeeping of the human resources and administrative department regarding talent management, compensation and benefits, risk management, employee and labor relations, workforce planning and employment and ESG initiatives.
Typically with a minimum of at least five years of human resources and administrative experience, supervise and oversee human resources and administrative staff and third-party service providers for National and its subsidiary, National Real Estate Development. Manage the coordination of the production, distribution and receipt of time-sensitive and confidential reports and materials capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities, transactions and technology according to the company’s documentation requirements.
- Manage and maintain confidentiality related to the day-to-day operations and recordkeeping of the human resources and administrative department regarding talent management, compensation and benefits, risk management, employee and labor relations, workforce planning and employment, and ESG initiatives.
- In coordination with the Director, Human Resources and Administration, support the facilitation of staffing and talent management initiatives working directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities.
- With oversight, deliver and oversee the company human resources and administrative policies and procedures in cooperation with management, ensuring proper compliance is followed.
- Maintain close communications with Director, Human Resources and Administration in researching solutions and application of industry trends, risk management issues and federal and state employment legislation to ensure compliance.
- Support the firm’s information technology program initiatives relative to authorized security management, staff communication and training and awareness.
- Focusing on a total rewards perspective, recommend employee relations practices necessary to maintain a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale, motivation, productivity and overall engagement.
- With oversight and direction prepare and analyze human resources and administrative reports to effectively obtain, store, analyze and present pertinent human resources information to authorized internal and external parties (i.e. management, investor relations employees, and consultants) as requested.
- Under the direction of the Director Human Resources and Administration, has authority to document and investigate employee grievances when concerns are brought forth. Participate in the resolution of employee relations issues, anticipating problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution.
- In coordination with the Director, Human Resources and Administration represent the company and manage the documentation and auditing processes related to disability claims, workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance claims, family and medical leaves of absences and other employee benefits.
- Has authority to recommend, implement and monitor approved employee safety and health program data and information, as needed.
- With oversight has authority to perform job evaluations, and upon request recommend position description updates. Ensure that jobs are clearly identified, contain all of the required information, and each position is aligned with the firm’s mission and overall expectations.
Payroll & Employee Benefits
- Oversee all activities necessary to process and verify payroll through an automated system that includes data entry, inspection and maintenance of related records, ensuring tax reports are filed and legal notices are addressed.
- Oversee the preparation of a variety of internal and external payroll and benefit reports. Communicate with benefit program vendors regarding (re)enrollment, termination, bi-weekly and monthly transactions, annual audits, and plan evaluations, as needed.
- Manage the organization and required updates of all employment-related forms and benefit plan documents and records.
- Oversee the accumulation and use of company holidays, planned time out and miscellaneous leaves of absence.
- Assess, recommend, organize and coordinate office operations and procedures and facilities management in order to ensure overall organizational efficiency and consistency. Work closely with the firm’s management to meet the firm’s staffing, equipment, and organizational needs.
- In coordination with Director, Human Resources, supervise administrative staff (i.e. Administrative Assistant, HR Assistant and Records Manager positions) and third-party service providers for National and its subsidiary, National Real Estate Development. Oversee the coordination of capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities, transactions and technology according to the company’s documentation requirements.
- Oversee the production and delivery of time-sensitive and privileged investment, assets and portfolio, investor and marketing materials, client, investor and marketing reports and board meeting materials in electronic and hard copy forms as appropriate.
- Lead the planning, preparation and coordination of special meetings and events including management of food and beverages, as needed. Supervise the set up of conference and team room technology.
- Demonstrate commitment to National’s Sustainability Policy and best practices where feasible by incorporating environmental, social and governance (ESG) dimensions in daily business activities and decision-making.
- Demonstrate commitment to and abide by National’s Regulatory Compliance Manual and Code of Ethics.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has some authority to research, coordinate and authorize inner office operational expenses; establish and maintain vendor/partner relationships and contracts.
- Manage corporate events and special projects as required.
- Monitor staff training, professional development and educational opportunities.
- Coordinate all administrative support functions and act as liaison between support and the management.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resource management or related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred.
- A designation in human resources such as the PHR, CCP or CEBS demonstrating mastery of the practical, technical and operational aspects of HR management and U.S. laws and regulations is strongly preferred.
- Required to have demonstrated experience of a minimum of at least five years of effective human resources and administrative principles, practices and functions.
- Continuously brings credibility to the human resources function seeking to refine professional qualifications and leadership skills projecting the highest levels of integrity. Superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills are required. Essential to display fundamental human resource knowledge and sound judgment.
- Must be organized and highly-detailed, with the ability to successfully work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, complex professional business environment. Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and successfully handle multiple projects.Establish and implement human resource and administrative efforts that effectively communicate and support the firm’s mission and cultural expectations.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization and work effectively to meet deadlines, even in ambiguous situations. Required to demonstrate critical thinking, discretion, and initiation of process improvements, while developing and utilizing best-practices to deliver customized human resource and administrative solutions.
- Possess aptitude for learning new technology applications. Required current proficiency in intermediate level Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- This job primarily operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. This is a largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- No travel is required.
The work environment and physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employee in this position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at National will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. National does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
See qualifications above.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more National Real Estate Advisors, LLC Jobs
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View more jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Human Resources Manager jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- HR Generalist jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Administrative jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- National Real Estate Advisors, LLC jobs in Washington, District of Columbia