Human Resources Project Specialst
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Employee Relations
Office: Washington, DC
Department: Human Resources (Firmwide)
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer and Department Directors
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Core Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday; additional hours as required
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and department directors, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Human Resources (HR) Project Specialist will serve as a dedicated resource to the CHRO and department directors to coordinate and assist with the successful development and deployment of department projects and initiatives, involving HR Technology; Onboarding and Integration; Compensation Administration; Performance Evaluation and Management; Training and Development; Benefits; and Recruiting. Working closely with Human Resources leadership, internal project managers (IT), other designated firm personnel and external representatives (as applicable), the HR Project Specialist will assist with the advancement of assigned project plans through tracking the achievement of milestones and assigned tasks to facilitate successful on-time delivery and implementation.
In addition to new projects, the HR Project Specialist will assist with regular HR department projects scheduled throughout the year, including the business services performance evaluation process, merit increase program, year-end bonuses, training and professional development initiatives, and other HR initiatives as assigned. The HR Project Specialist is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the HR Project Specialist must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed on a regular basis, as necessary):
Project Planning, Coordination and Implementation
- Assist CHRO and firmwide HR directors with the development of detailed project plans, project road-maps, resources lists, communication plans, status templates, and presentation materials.
- Schedule department meetings, conferences, conference calls and web-based meetings associated with assigned projects.
- Monitor status of project deliverables and identify potential risks or barriers to meeting timelines.
- Provide frequent and clear communication regarding project status to leadership, and raise potential issues or key decisions needed to ensure successful project delivery.
- Liaise with third-party vendors and internal resources as needed to ensure effective engagement and successful completion of deliverables.
Talent Recruitment, Onboarding & Integration
- Assist as necessary with recruiting tasks, including posting positions, conducting reference checks, and serving as systems back-up to the Recruiting Coordinator in her absence.
- Coordinate/facilitate the deployment and maintenance of “Red Carpet” onboarding application and Applicant Tracking System (ATS) from SilkRoad.
- Process e-Verify documentation for confirmation of eligible work status in the U.S.
- Assist with immigration filings and maintain related files.
Training and Development
- Maintain and update the Business Services training curriculum and calendar.
- Assist with the enrollment and notification of Business Services training participants.
- Assist with the production, distribution and set up of Business Services training and development materials, including course content and supplemental materials.
Performance Evaluation and Management
- Assist with the annual Business Services performance evaluation process, including maintenance of forms, creation and distribution of materials, creation of compensation memos, etc.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of Business Services merit increase and bonus memos.
- Assist with the annual attorney performance evaluation processes representatives, including maintenance of forms, creation and distribution of materials and attorney evaluations, etc.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Assist in the preparation of sensitive merge memos and mass mailings (e.g., annual salary and bonus communications, open enrollment mailings, retirement plan mailings, etc.).
- Create and edit Excel spreadsheets.
- Create and edit department presentations in PowerPoint.
- Coordinate authentication of documents with local, state and federal governmental agencies.
- Order departmental supplies and maintain inventory of such supplies.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HRIS systems
- Ability to effectively multi-task, quickly shift direction, adapt rapidly to changes in business needs, and approach problems creatively and creatively
- Demonstrate a clear skill for forward-thinking, always anticipating and planning for possible future outcomes
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines under sometimes stressful conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels within and outside of the firm
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of client and office information, and adhering to the Firm’s Core Values
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary to fulfill responsibilities
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- A minimum of two years of project coordination experience strongly preferred, preferably in a professional services environment
- Prior experience with SilkRoad Talent Management software applications preferred
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Jobs
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View more jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Human Resources jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Employee Relations jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- HRIS jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Legal jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Training/Development jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
View More Jobs in DC:
- View more jobs in District of Columbia
- Human Resources jobs in District of Columbia
- Employee Relations jobs in District of Columbia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in District of Columbia
- HRIS jobs in District of Columbia
- Legal jobs in District of Columbia
- Training/Development jobs in District of Columbia
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP jobs in District of Columbia