Human Resources Specialist, Recruiting and Training
St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- EEO/Affirmative Action
- Organizational Development
- Labor/Industrial Relations
1. In compliance with Federal and State laws, Minnesota State, St. Cloud Technical and Community College and MMB policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements, administer the timely recruitment and hiring of faculty, staff, and administrators.
Provide guidance and interpretation to supervisors, directors, and managers of the policies, procedures, and statutes applicable in filling vacant positions and in accordance with affirmative action guidelines and goals to create a diverse workforce. Apply contractual provisions, MMB/Minnesota State rules and procedures, and local policies and procedures to the recruitment and selection process for unclassified and classified positions.
Provide classification and job evaluation work, make final determinations and has final authority on delegated job classes; conduct desk audits.
Review recruitment plans, notice of vacancies, draft screening forms, preview and approve all interview questions and reference check questionnaires.
Prepare/Write/Edit internal and external vacancy postings and notices in accordance with appropriate collective bargaining agreements ensuring that appropriate position qualifications are listed as per guidelines; post on required listservs and website locations.
Coordinate with the College Web Content team to maintain the web page for all job postings.
Review, edit and coordinate the placement of College advertisements for positions in local, regional, and national media for recruitment efforts.
Maintain documentation of all job announcement advertising records, ensure budget and expenses are monitored, and coordinate with CHRO Administrative Assistant and Financial Management staff to ensure invoices are accurate and payments are timely.
Serve as a resource throughout the duration of the search process and guide personnel involved in searches on the search protocol, policies, and procedures. Respond to questions/inquiries on search procedures from internal staff and applicants via e-mail or in person.
Manage the applicant tracking system for classified positions using Recruiting Solutions and for unclassified positions using NEO GOV.
Advise the CHRO on suggested modifications to the search and selection policies and procedures, guidelines, and supporting documents as needed.
Jointly organize and maintain the tracking system to monitor all classified and unclassified hiring activity with other search and selection staff.
Process and run EEO Report for assigned vacancies for Affirmative Action review. Complete the State of Minnesota Monitoring and Hiring Process form for assigned searches for review and signature of Affirmative Action Officer before offer is extended.
Prepare salary calculations and communicate to hiring managers.
Draft requests for exceptions to pay rates when required for classified and unclassified positions.
Assist in responding to Public Data requests by accessing and providing requested information.
Priority: Essential Discretion: A Percent of Time: 40%
2. Employee/Labor Relations: Advise management on HR policies, contract language, employee and labor relations and grievance issues; conduct investigations; research and recommend alternative courses of action; coach supervisors on performance management and discipline responsibilities; and act as liaison, when CHRO not available, to System Office/MMB labor relations to ensure the college is in compliance with employment law and collective bargaining agreement language.
- Provide assistance and information for use in the development of a strike plan and have access to and maintain confidential files containing collective bargaining proposals, costing information, review proposals as assigned, etc.
- Assist in formulating recommendations for the MSCF bargaining agreement.
- Has access to documents/data containing labor relations information as defined by M.S.13.37.
Form and maintain effective working relationships with union representatives.
Assist with investigations.
Priority: Essential Discretion: A Percent of Time: 30%
3. Deliver employee training.
Organize search process training sessions, and train the search committee chairs, committee members, hiring managers, and clerical support for all searches regarding search protocol and the committees’ use of the applicable applicant tracking system.
Work with fellow HR staff and Safety & Security Director in the development and delivery of training.
Track training attendance and follow up with individuals unable to attend sessions and conduct individual training sessions, if needed.
Present course materials and train employees on a range of topics, including Human Resource issues and practices.
Priority: Essential Discretion: A Percent of Time: 25%
4. Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Prepare routine and non-routine correspondence to applicants, employees, supervisor, managers, etc.
Assist in coordinating search and selection efforts with the Affirmative Action Officer.
Provide assistance in the development of a strike plan.
Analyze daily work processes for ways to make these processes more effective, efficient, and user-friendly.
Seek out and engage in learning to develop professionally and in preparation for future opportunities to better serve the College.
Priority: Secondary Discretion: B Percent of Time: 5%
Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field OR 2 years of para-professional experience performing HR work in recruitment/selection, training or transactions relating to employment and staffing.
Excellent written, verbal, reading comprehension, and interpersonal communication skills to deal with complex issues in a confidential and sensitive manner.
Ability to provide effective consulting services to stakeholders particularly in the area of talent acquisition.
Ability to proficiently operate HRIS and applicant tracking systems so that job vacancies are accurately posted on a timely basis.
Knowledge of recruitment, assessment and selection principles/practices sufficient to evaluate, and administer employee selection criteria and processes.
Experience applying Federal and State statutes and laws relating to employment/hiring.
Demonstrated organizational and management skills; accuracy and attention to detail.
Skilled in Microsoft office products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook, etc.).
View Similar Jobs:
- View more HRIS Analyst Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more St. Cloud Technical and Community College Jobs
View More Jobs in Saint Cloud, MN:
- View more jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- HRIS Analyst jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Training/Development jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Organizational Development jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
View More Jobs in MN:
- View more jobs in Minnesota
- HRIS Analyst jobs in Minnesota
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Minnesota
- Training/Development jobs in Minnesota
- Organizational Development jobs in Minnesota
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Minnesota
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Minnesota
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College jobs in Minnesota