Human Resources Supervisor
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- HR Generalist
The Human Resources Supervisor will lead the HR function in the New York office, including application of Firm policies, processes and procedures. The HR Supervisor will provide guidance to all NY personnel regarding various aspects of the employee life cycle, including recruiting and integrating new employees, compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, employee development, reward and recognition programs, coaching, discipline and termination. The HR Supervisor will collaborate with the HR national team in areas such as recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee relations, HRIS, leave management and the staff and paralegal evaluation process. The HR Supervisor will also participate in national programs and initiatives across the Firm-wide offices.
- Recommends, helps to develop, and implements human resource policies and procedures for all Firm personnel.
- Responsible for staff and paralegal recruiting, including obtaining approvals, posting jobs, maintaining agency relationships, sourcing and screening candidates, scheduling interviews, processing reference and background checks, extending offers, and coordinating new hire orientation and training.
- Conducts orientation and oversees the on-boarding and integration process.
- Works collaboratively with the national HR team on matters such as compensation, health, welfare, retirement, employee relations, HRIS, leave management, recruiting, the staff and paralegal evaluation process, and NOVAtime.
- Provides guidance and training on employee management issues, such as coaching and counseling, employee development and retention, warnings, performance improvement plans and termination recommendations.
- Works collaboratively with the Principal Administrator and NY management on the staff and paralegal evaluation process, including compensation recommendations.
- Manages various leaves for the NY office, including the Family Medical Leave and ADA process.
- Prepares for employee departures, conducts exit interviews and tracks turnover analytics.
- Processes employee paperwork, such as personnel action forms, unemployment insurance claims, and Affirmative Action reports.
- Participates in Firm-wide project management initiatives, such as classification of employees, updating job descriptions, job analysis and pay equity study.
- Designs and implements employee engagement and recognition programs.
- Maintains local personnel files.
- Creates and sends office communications regarding new hires, departures, early dismissals, benefits’ information, and the like.
- Stays up-to-date on all federal, state and local labor laws and industry news through participation in the Firm’s educational programs, SHRM certification/membership, ad hoc training programs, and industry networking groups.
- Organizes and participates in diversity, pro bono, civic and charitable initiatives.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
4+ years of HR experience, ideally in large or mid-size law firms with multiple offices.
Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Strong background in employment law and EEO guidelines.
Strong background in coaching and performance management.
Strong writing skills.
Experience in recruiting.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Computer literate, ideally in programs like Workday, viDesktop and Excel.
Seyfarth & Shaw is an Equal Opportunity employer.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Seyfarth Shaw LLP Jobs