Instructional Designer – Training
Easterseals Bay Area
- Organizational Development
Essential Job Functions:
The Instructional Designer in the Training department will be responsible for designing and developing learning and practicing experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective manner. Responsible for developing all organizational, educational and professional development content. The Instructional Designer will create processes for selection of content, develop ideas for new content, and create guidelines any team may use to implement additional content with varying types of tools and resources.
- Enhance the experience for all employees by designing and researching professional development training content as well as assisting with clinical training for programs.
- Create processes for selection of content, develop ideas for new content, and create guidelines any team may use to implement additional content.
- Manage educational content library, establish regular and ad hoc content update planning sessions with business owners, content owners, stakeholders, and legal working through the People & Performance department.
- Create automated processes to deliver educational content to all employees.
- Develop, train and utilize the LMS system within ESBA to enhance content library, add and take down content and train staff and managers on the system. Ensure proper tracking of all training is recorded within the LMS/HRIS system for employees.
- Develop closed feedback loop to allow all internal and external users to provide direct feedback, and use their input to refine content strategies and prioritize course updates.
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs.
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Draft schematic instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that ensures retention and transfer.
- Propose content to be added to training department and LMS system ensuring it is designed around business results and major work outputs for various departments and positions. Ensure content is vetted properly and approved by Manager.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, etc).
- Recommend the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
- Will also focus on additional projects and departmental work assigned by Manager. Must attend staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as requested
- Attaining and achieving position competencies in relation to role responsibilities.
- Knowledge of online learning management systems and customer service delivery.
- Ability to build effective partnerships.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including but not limited to: Developing dynamic, constructive working relationships and partnerships with operational and program partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (negotiation, listening and communication skills) characterized by effective interactions with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, stakeholders and audiences.
- Demonstrated political savvy - able to operate in politically complex situations and remain effective.
- Incumbent should also possess an open, collaborative style that promotes teamwork and partnership while achieving desired results.
- Sensitive to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
- A commitment to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Must interact productively with many different types of personalities and work levels
- The ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality and have a high level of professionalism.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft programs, Excel, Adobe and internet savvy. Ability to learn and implement new technologies and software as needed.
- Demonstrated experience with research and information gathering, including the ability to quickly gather data in a short timeframe on a wide variety of topics.
- Must attend any ESBA required training.
- Able to travel to multiple work sites if needed. Must have valid CA Driver’s License and an Automobile Insurance card that is provided annually to People & Performance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain criminal record clearance through the Department of Justice. The People & Performance department must analyze DOJ/FBI live scan reports in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws as well as fitness for position.
- Ability to obtain clearance through the Office of Inspector General
- Proven working experience in instructional design
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar field is required
- Prior health care industry experience is preferred
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Instructional Designer Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Easterseals Bay Area Jobs