Manager, Compensation Department
Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority
- HR Generalist
Manages the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the administration of Airports Authority base pay programs and the initiation and coordination of related research activities.
Develops, tests and implements new compensation programs, policies and procedures and documents existing programs, policies and procedures.
Manages the preparation of instructions and regulations for premium pay programs (such as variable pay and specialty pay programs), overtime, night differential, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status, placement actions, pay-for-performance processes, employee recognition awards, and merit pay.
Manages executive compensation programs including the administration of contracted services for the determination of executive salaries.
Leads or conducts the research, development, and evaluation of compensation studies and special pay projects on comparable rates of pay with the Federal and local public sector and the private sector (both within and outside the airport industry); develops position papers on pay and pay practices.
Serves as Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR) for contracts related to the development and administration of executive compensation programs and ad hoc and cyclical pay studies. Develops Statements of Work (SOWs), leads the Evaluation Committee through the Request for Proposal (RFP) solicitation and award process.
Participates with the Vice President for Human Resources and Administrative Services and the other Department managers in strategic planning. Provides input regarding strategy, long-term planning and actions and issues affecting HR.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQs) To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Personnel Administration, Public Administration, or a related field providing a strong foundation for successful performance of the DUTIES in this job description; or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that totals four years.
2. Eight years of progressively responsible experience in human resources with emphasis on compensation, performance pay management and employee recognition principles that includes work in the range of DUTIES listed in this job description including (a) developing, testing, and implementing compensation programs; (b) managing or conducting compensation studies (including market pay studies); (c) overseeing daily aspects of pay program administration to help ensure legal compliance and consistency in compensation administration covering overtime pay, premium pay, awards, paid-time-off, etc.; and (d) applying a wide range of HR concepts, laws, policies, practices, analytical, and diagnostic methods and techniques, sufficient to solve a wide range of complex, interrelated HR problems and issues. A fully equivalent combination of education and training beyond what is needed to satisfy MQ 1 may be substituted for two of these eight years of experience. One example is a master’s degree in any field may be substituted for two years of experience.
3. Education, experience or training indicating the ability to perform successfully as a first level supervisor such as the ability to plan/assign/review work, deploy personnel, monitor work operations, obtain effective results and perform a full array of supervisory personnel functions.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but are not required to be rated qualified for this job. S55100, page 4
1. A Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Personnel Administration, or Public Administration.
2. Substantive experience in compensation programs in the public sector.
3. Certification as a Certified Comp
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Compensation Manager Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Diversity Jobs
- View more Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority Jobs
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View more jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Compensation Manager jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- HR Generalist jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Compensation jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Diversity jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority jobs in Washington, District of Columbia