Manager, HR and Benefits
- HR Generalist
Have you worn multiple hats within HR but you really enjoy spending more of your time on benefit management, vendor administration, and helping hiring managers recruit, as well as working collaboratively across the organization to help implement initiatives and solve challenges? Would you welcome working on an HR team of two in an association that aims to advance education to transform lives and society? Well, today is your lucky day—keep reading! The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is a global association recruiting for an experienced full-time professional to serve as Manager, HR and Benefits. This position is integral to the delivery of staff programs, services and rewards, as well as our talent acquisition efforts. It makes use of the right candidate’s exceptional organizational and communication skills and highly developed professional judgement. The successful candidate should have excellent customer service, project management and interpersonal communication skills, a keen attention to detail and confidentiality, and enjoy diligently establishing and maintaining organized systems. We are easily metro accessible in downtown DC. Sound like a good fit? Take a closer look.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages benefits administration, maintaining enrollment, changes, plan updates and regulatory requirements (including FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, etc) for CASE benefits programs. Works closely with benefits broker, vendors and accounts payable to reconcile and ensure timely resolution of HR vendor payments.
- Spearheads wellness offerings and other value-added benefits initiatives, including coordination for the annual Benefits Fair, working with benefits vendors to organize EAP workshops, legal resources, and other staff events, as appropriate.
- Works with senior HR director benefits broker on annual renewal, open enrollment, and implementation.
- Leads full cycle recruitment, including posting vacancies, working with hiring managers on recruitment strategies and updating position descriptions
- Works with departments and staffing agencies to fulfill temporary staffing needs and recruitment of interns.
Information Management and Metrics
- Develops, updates and maintains organizational charts, documents and personnel records, to include electronic records on shared drives and/or HRIS. Updates relevant HR and benefits forms as well as documents on staff intranet.
- Maintains and tracks relevant HR metrics such as turnover, time-to-fill, program participation/utilization, performance and others.
- Works with Administrative Services Manager to develop and maintain an organized and logical filing system for HR records, to include paper and electronic filing of documents in accordance with record retention guidelines.
- Manages the new hire orientation process and helps facilitate the organization-wide onboarding program.
- Maintains familiarity with HR policies and concepts and serves as resource to staff and others on HR and benefits issues, as appropriate. Periodically writes short updates for staff email newsletter.
- Administers staff morale programs including anniversary and birthday recognitions.
- Collaborating with the senior director of HR, contributes to the management and execution of various HR functions, as appropriate, including staff training and development initiatives and various other value-added projects.
- Manages and directs the work of HR interns and short-term project-based HR temps.
Fiscal Management/Budget Responsibilities/Judicious Use of Resources
- Initiates payroll changes for processing; works closely with Payroll Associate to ensure timeliness and accuracy of payroll changes. Facilitates process updates between HR and Payroll/Accounts Payable, as needed.
- Provides input about benefits costs and renewal as well as for the annual HR budget.
- Exercises fiscal responsibility in the utilization of all CASE resources.
Performs Other Duties/ Responsibilities as Assigned By the Supervisor
We are metro accessible in downtown DC and offer a competitive salary including a 10% employer contribution to the retirement plan, vested immediately.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and five years progressive and relevant HR and benefits experience, particularly with benefit plan administration and recruitment. PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred. Experience managing outside vendors to provide benefits and services.
Skills and Abilities: Proficiency with benefits administration, recruitment and familiarity with a wide range of employment regulations and HR concepts. Proven ability to understand and reconcile financial information (i.e. vendor bills, department budget, coordination with payroll associate, etc). Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills; excellent writing skills and ability to independently interact with executives. Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple assignments of equal importance. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality. Aptitude and affinity for software and other productivity tools. Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
Fit is really important, as this person and I would comprise the nimble two-person HR department for CASE (about 100-staff association).
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter with salary requirements and/or salary history to CASEemployment@CASE.org with HRmgr16Applicant (your last name) in the subject line. Applications without the required skills and experience will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Candidates from the following backgrounds (among others) are welcome: HR Generalist, HR Manager, Senior HR Manager, HR Business Partner, HR Specialist, Benefits Administrator, Recruiter, and Assistant HR Director.
Rolling application deadline. Preference may be given to applications received before December 5, 2016.
As the premier global association for alumni relations, communications, and fundraising professionals at educational institutions, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) advances education to transform lives and society. CASE is a leading resource and advocate for professional development, information, standards, and diversity in educational advancement. More than 3,600 colleges, universities, independent schools, and educationally related nonprofit organizations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and more than 80 countries belong to CASE. CASE seeks a diverse candidate pool for all open positions.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more CASE Jobs
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View more jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Human Resources Manager jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- HR Generalist jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Administrative jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Benefits jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- HRIS jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- CASE jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
View More Jobs in DC:
- View more jobs in District of Columbia
- Human Resources Manager jobs in District of Columbia
- HR Generalist jobs in District of Columbia
- Administrative jobs in District of Columbia
- Benefits jobs in District of Columbia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in District of Columbia
- HRIS jobs in District of Columbia
- CASE jobs in District of Columbia