Manager, Human Resources - Compensation and Benefits
Joliet Junior College
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
POSITION TITLE: MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES – Compensation and Benefits
STATUS: Full time
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
DIVISION: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Human Resources
PLACEMENT: Professional grade 10
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Under direction of Executive Director of Human Resources, plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures to be responsive to the college’s strategic goals and competitive practices. Ensures through audits, legal reports, and personal interactions that college compensation and benefits programs are consistently administered in compliance with college policies and legal requirements. May provide HR generalist/business partnership expertise in addition to directing and managing the Compensation and Benefits function of the College.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Consult with organizational leaders to assess benefits, compensation and compliance needs.
2. Establish and maintain the organization’s pay structure and benefits offerings.
3. Analyze data on wages and salaries to determine competitive wage rates, internal equity, and fiscal alignment. Make recommendations to develop or modify compensation plans if applicable.
4. Evaluate employee benefit policies to assess whether they are current, competitive, and in compliance with legal requirements.
5. Select and manage external third party HR vendor resources such as brokers and consultants.
6. Create and modify policies and procedures to aid in the administration of compensation and benefits programs. Develop techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting data.
7. Analyze and collect data to support business needs, changes, and other needs regarding compensation and benefits.
8. Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of direct reports and staff. May provide leadership to indirect reports as well.
9. Establish and meet budget requirements while ensuring cost effectiveness of programs and reconciling expenses, deductions, and vendor payments.
10. Educate, mentor and train HR staff on processes and professional practices regarding compensation and benefits related areas.
11. Work closely with HR, Finance, Payroll, IT, and other areas to ensure interfaces with compensation and benefits meet compliance and data integrity standards.
12. Assist in the development of college bargaining proposals for employee compensation and benefits. Obtain and prepare cost data for college and union proposals and final agreements.
13. May provide HR consultation and expertise to employees, managers, and business units on several HR related areas including but not limited to compensation and benefits, employee relations, labor relations, employee engagement, employee development, and performance management.
14. Establish, lead, or implement HR initiatives in alignment with strategic goals and objectives.
15. Participate in the development and delivery of management training programs.
16. Remain professionally and technically current on all regulatory and compliance related statues, trends, and developments relative to successful execution and performance of the function and position.
17. Attend meetings and events in representation of the college or performance of the position.
18. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
2. Five (5) years of combined Compensation and Benefits experience; minimum three (3) years of management experience.
3. Strong analytical and financial skills.
4. Ability to lead, manage, and develop talent.
5. Ability to mitigate and resolve problems including exercising good judgement and decision making skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written, oral, listening, presentation, group facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills.
7. Excellent team/collaboration skills.
8. Professionalism and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
9. Ability to interact with all levels of employees and external consultants, vendors, and agencies.
10. Knowledge of state, local, and federal labor laws, and regulations.
11. Intermediate to advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); strong report query and development skills, and working with HRIS systems.
1. Master’s Degree in HR, Business Administration with HR focus or related.
2. Seven (7) or more years of combined Compensation and Benefits experience; minimum three (3) years at the manager level.
3. HR Generalist and Labor Relations experience.
4. Higher Education experience.
5. HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, CEB)
6. Change management experience.
1. Normal office physical demands.
2. Ability to travel between campus locations and to and from community events.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Joliet Junior College Jobs