Manager L&D, Leadership Development
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
Healthfirst is a provider-sponsored health insurance company that serves more than 1.2 million members in downstate New York. With more than 4,000 employees, a network of nearly 30,000 providers, and revenues in excess of $8.6 billion, Healthfirst is one of the largest health plans in the New York City area.
The Manager, Learning & Development - Enterprise Delivery serves as an ambassador in fostering our learning culture and supports the development of our employees’ knowledge and capabilities. This individual will lead and support projects related to learning & development, and will be responsible for leading the team to facilitate blended learning options to include classroom-based and online courses as well as training SMEs and other business leaders to facilitate and engage in related curriculum. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, sense of empathy and passion for your work are essential in this role.
- Develop & deliver creative blended learning programs – includes creating and curating content that stands on its own and/or supports live events in a variety of formats (key note presentations, leadership huddles, lunch and learns, roundtable/group coaching, classroom style, virtual learning environment and interactive workshops)
- Management development – deliver learning programs ranging from basic fundamentals and new leader transitions to more targeted and advanced topics
- Professional development – collaborate with various business unit leaders to assess, design and deploy relevant programs, scenario-based or business specific training that meet desired learning out comes and build critical skills and capabilities
- New Hire Experience – comprehensive onboarding, integration and new hire experience programs supporting culture, understanding logistics and networking and enhancing ability to be successful at Healthfirst.
- Understanding our business – strategy, culture, structure, process, history and current events in our industry.
- Content development - collaborate with subject matter experts, instructional design teams, training agencies/consultants and training specialists in the development of high-quality, innovative training and capability solutions for the organization that uses both traditional and emerging methods with a strong emphasis on sustainability. Oversee the ongoing maintenance and updates to materials to ensure a seamless experience within the team and for the learners (e.g., course outline, presentation materials, handouts, communications, participant guide, leader guide, etc.).
- Continuous Improvement - keep current with the latest trends, best practices, technologies, and emerging innovations in the training, learning and development sphere and implement solutions that develop talent.
- Connect culture and employee value proposition to learning activities – develop measurement approaches that gather continuous feedback regarding learning effectiveness and partner with HRBPs and OD resources to spot engagement trends in order to propose solutions/interventions and align with and advance the Healthfirst culture and employee value proposition).
- Proactive collaboration – partner with business unit leaders and HR resources to support initiatives and establish a leader-led approach to training that builds skills and supports development while creating effective platforms for content delivery and sustainability plans.
- Virtual connectivity – explore options to connect remote offices, telecommuters and geographically distributed team members into Healthfirst’s learning culture through creative touchpoints
- Diversity and inclusion lense to all work – design, language, content, participation, etc…
- Measurement - continuously monitor and solicit feedback on all training programs and materials to ensure accuracy, relevance, and effectiveness, while driving enhancements for improved adoption.
- Manage learning operations and systems – assess training needs and develop strategic deployment plans accordingly in support of business unit, organizational development, learning and engagement efforts
- Delivery - lead a team to schedule and facilitate a variety of programs ranging from one hour to multi-day conducted in a classroom or online learning environment which may include product/business specific, leadership or skill development training. Manage event logistics, budget, invoices and external partner relationships. Execute marketing and communication for various initiatives and (where appropriate in collaboration with other OD resources) recommending and managing vendors for design, delivery and content production.
- Systems - implementation and ongoing administration of learning content, registration platforms and survey tools. Will include overseeing the management of the LMS to store course curriculum, capture program registration, and run reports on attendee completion status.
- Compliance - ensure all training is conducted in a manner consistent with all Compliance, Legal and Regulatory requirements.
- Reporting & Resource Allocation - generate regular reports and calendars to update HR and business on L&D program participation, impact and upcoming opportunities. Provide recommendations for future courses/initiatives and improved effectiveness based on metrics/dashboards, program assessments and business needs. Work with Project Planning and Business Leaders to manage training calendars/delivery schedules and resourcing to meet the needs of the business.
- Community of Practice - establish a learning community of practice in partnership with business unit learning leaders that includes creation of standards and a framework for all capability building across dispersed areas of the organization, ensuring alignment across all key stakeholders.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- L&D EXPERIENCE: experience in HR/learning & development roles in a dynamic environment– including true ownership and execution of design, development, execution and measurement. Demonstrated experience leading teams for “Train-the-Trainer” facilitation, instructor-led training and virtual learning environments to include synchronous and asynchronous modalities.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: experience planning and executing a range of concurrent large scope learning and development initiatives/events/projects – managing multiple projects at once and thriving with both long term planning and immediate needs
- PRODUCING RESULTS: ability to move from ideas to action quickly while constantly moving things forward; strong problem solving skills with ability to think strategically and critically in order to develop solutions to complex problems.
- USING TECHNOLOGY: advanced knowledge of and comfort working with…
- basic productivity software to create, edit, manipulate and develop presentations, communications, templates and data sets (MS Office – PowerPoint, Word, Excel),
- Learning Management Systems (WorkDay and SumTotal a plus!)
- platforms (online, mobile, social, etc…), and
- webinar/video conferencing tools
- DETAIL ORIENTATION: relentless quality control (grammar, voice, accuracy) and design application (branding, style, aesthetics) in content and experiences
- COLLABORATIVE SELF MANAGEMENT: driven and motivated self-starter who can work autonomously AND manage up and across – building and maintaining strong relationships will be crucial to success
- TEAM MANAGEMENT: demonstrated experience in direct management of a team and consultants focusing on delivery content solutions utilizing various blended learning approaches.
- PRESENCE: superior written and verbal communication skills, with confident presentation skills and ability to comfortably speak in front of a group – including senior level leaders; Ability to communicate effectively and flexibly with a variety of audiences
- CURIOSITY: A habit of self-development through reading, networking and participating in local events with providers and peers; Interest in music and learning about our business and artists is a plus
- INFLUENCE: Demonstrated change leadership coupled with exceptional relationship building skills with ability to influence and lead in a highly dynamic and changing environment.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience establishing and sustaining a leader-led culture across the organization.
- A track record of success in managing programs/processes to develop capabilities within a team.
- Experience with E-Authoring tools and social media to drive engagement and sustainability.
- Strategic thinking and creativity and flexibility in addressing future challenges in alignment with Healthfirst’s long term growth and profitability goals.
- Certifications in one or more Organizational Effectiveness assessments/tools such as Hogan, Myers-Briggs, etc…
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Manager Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Other Jobs
- View more Healthfirst Jobs
View More Jobs in New York, NY:
- View more jobs in New York, New York
- Manager jobs in New York, New York
- Communications jobs in New York, New York
- Compensation jobs in New York, New York
- Employee Relations jobs in New York, New York
- Organizational Development jobs in New York, New York
- Other jobs in New York, New York
- Healthfirst jobs in New York, New York