Manager of Compensation
State Board of Administration
- HR Generalist
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) provides a variety of investment and trust services to various Florida governmental entities. A key responsibility is to manage the assets of the Florida Retirement System Pension Plan, which is one of the largest public pension plans in the United States. The SBA’s primary focus is on investment management as it does not administer pension plan benefits. The SBA is responsible for administering the FRS Investment Plan (a defined contribution plan), the Lawton Chiles Endowment Fund, the Local Government Surplus Funds Trust Fund (currently known as Florida PRIME), the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund and a variety of smaller funds.
At the SBA, we recognize that it is the talented colleagues behind our investment and trust management services who enable us to prudently balance risk and rewards and adhere to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. We are committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing both to our knowledge pool and to the ethics and integrity that underscore our services.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Manager of Compensation. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the compensation function for the State Board of Administration (SBA). The Manager of Compensation plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures in order to be responsive to the organization's goals and competitive pay practices. The position is also responsible for assuring that compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with SBA policies and government regulations. This position reports to the Senior Operating Officer - Human Resources.
What you’ll do
Monitors the effectiveness of compensation policies, guidelines and procedures.
Manages the administration of compensation programs
- Coordinates annual increase processes, as applicable.
Participates in and conducts both exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure a competitive compensation structure
- Maintains and updates pay structures based on market data.
- Maintains organization position descriptions; works with managers and other human resources colleagues to write and/or update position descriptions to reflect position requirements and responsibilities.
- Reviews requests for classification review and makes classification/pay level recommendations.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance.
Works with HR and IT staff to ensure the human capital management system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to pay structure and incentive compensation programs
- Assists other functional areas of Human Resources as requested or required.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Senior Operating Officer - Human Resources or the Chief Operating/Financial Officer.
Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, finance, accounting or related field, and
Five years of experience in the design and hands-on administration of base pay and incentive compensation programs, and
Two years of human resources generalist experience
Must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities;
Knowledge of HR principles and practices in compensation including participating in and designing compensation surveys and interpreting survey results
Advanced MS Excel skills and thorough knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and database tools
Experience with a HRIS such as PeopleSoft, Lawson or ADP, to include database design, structure, functions and processes
Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
Highly proficient in conducting compensation research, analyzing information and data, problem solving and presenting findings in a concise format
Knowledge of organizational development, change management and quality principles
Knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local regulations, laws and/or statutes
Knowledge of job analysis and job evaluation principles, methods and procedures
Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Ability to use good judgment and discretion when working with confidential matters, material and situations
Understand and follow broad and complex instructions
Ability to interpret complex compensation plan documents
Strong strategic thinking skills
Effective negotiating skills
Efficient time management skills
Financial management, to include budgeting
A master’s degree in business, human resource management or related field
Two years of experience in a human resources management role
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) – strongly preferred
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Director of Worker's Compensation Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Other Jobs
- View more State Board of Administration Jobs
View More Jobs in Tallahassee, FL:
- View more jobs in Tallahassee, Florida
- Director of Worker's Compensation jobs in Tallahassee, Florida
- HR Generalist jobs in Tallahassee, Florida
- Compensation jobs in Tallahassee, Florida
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Tallahassee, Florida
- Other jobs in Tallahassee, Florida
- State Board of Administration jobs in Tallahassee, Florida