The New School
The Payroll Analyst performs all activities necessary to process multiple payrolls, including records maintenance, electronic timecards, filing tax reports, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing senior management level reporting.
Major Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of multiple payrolls for CBA Union and Non-Union payrolls on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payrolls bases.
- Independently manage third party vendor relationships in support of tax filing and wage payments.
- Manage and address payroll related inquires received by the department.
- Analyze reports during the processing of payroll to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare, maintain and develop reports for the reporting and auditing of payroll.
- Provide technical knowledge and support of the payroll system.
- Testing of upcoming system modification and releases to identify impact to current processes
- Analytical evaluation of the system specification to present possible modifications
- Collaborate with the payroll team to ensure that department deliverables are met.
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: http://careers.newschool.edu/postings/13613
- A minimum of 5 years payroll experience
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local regulations regarding all facets of payroll processing
- Union CBA payroll processing experience
- Must be organized with a keen attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks and work in a collaborative setting while maintaining a level of independence
- Advanced level of proficiency in one or more of the following: Excel, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Ellucian Banner, Workday.
- Processing expertise in Higher education sector
- FPC or CPP designation
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Payroll Analyst Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Other Jobs
- View more The New School Jobs