Payroll and Benefits Associate
Bemis Associates, Inc.
- Employee Relations
Are you a Human Resources professional that strives for excellence in supporting the needs of the people and business? Do you have payroll experience? At Bemis we see a world without limits; we thrive on making the impossible, possible, and have fun as a team making it happen! For over 100 years Bemis has partnered with the world’s greatest brands to make their dreams a reality. Bemis Associates, a leading manufacturer of heat activated films, adhesives, water proofing seam tapes, and custom films for many industries including apparel, consumer electronics, and handbags is seeking a motivated and hands on individual to join our Organizational Development team in the position of Payroll and Benefits Associate.
Reporting directly to the Human Resources Business Partner, this position is a generalist role, with a concentration within the execution and processing of payroll and the data management of the HRIS system. This position will also provide support in benefits administration and organizational reporting.
How you can contribute:
• Process weekly & monthly payroll
• Maintain the integrity of payroll and HRIS data to reflect current hires, terminations, transfers, and other employee status changes
• Understand and follow union contractual obligations and company policy related to payroll and benefits
• Respond in a timely manner to all garnishments, loan verifications, and other similar requests
• Administer new hire paperwork and benefits
• Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws, policies, restrictions, practices, payroll administration rules, and HR paperwork handling procedures
• Update and maintain, ensuring legal compliance and security through exceptional organization, all soft and hard copy employee files in terms of personnel, confidential, and medical, along with any other additional job related information
• Responsible for administering Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Workers’ Compensation (Workers’ Comp), and return to work leave programs
• Assist in coordination of annual open enrollment, including benefits analysis and administration
• Support the administration and documentation of Bemis’ traditional and non-traditional benefits
• Troubleshoot, support, and train workforce in self-service HRIS functionality pertaining to payroll and benefits
• Prepare corporate reports and metrics including headcount and organizational charts
• Maintain strict confidentiality as it pertains to all payroll and benefit issues
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or similar
• 3-5 years of human resource or related experience
• Must have previous experience in processing payroll for 200+ employees (salary & hourly)
• Must have prior experience using HRIS and payroll software. Experience working with ADP Workforce Now is strongly preferred
• Must have experience independently managing leave (FMLA, STD, LTD, Workers’ Comp) claims
• Self-motivated with the ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities within the department along with the organization
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, with an ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks
• Listens to understand with strong written and oral communication skills
• Professional and discreet demeanor.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• A positive and collaborative work style
At Bemis, our success is driven by our innovative, hardworking, and passionate employees. We enjoy working within a casual, dynamic, and team oriented environment. Bemis Associates is conveniently located in Shirley, MA and is an exceptional location for those that enjoy a traffic free commute, picturesque countryside, and small town feel, yet still be within minutes of a major city.
Be part of a global team! You will have the opportunity to experience our exceptional compensation and benefits packages. Bemis Associates is a global company heavily focused on long term goals, teamwork, reinvesting in the business, ecofriendly products, and social responsibility.
If you are interested in joining the Bemis team, please visit our career center at www.bemisworldwide.com/careers to apply.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Benefits Clerk Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Bemis Associates, Inc. Jobs
View More Jobs in Shirley, MA:
- View more jobs in Shirley, Massachusetts
- Benefits Clerk jobs in Shirley, Massachusetts
- Administrative jobs in Shirley, Massachusetts
- Benefits jobs in Shirley, Massachusetts
- Compensation jobs in Shirley, Massachusetts
- Employee Relations jobs in Shirley, Massachusetts
- HRIS jobs in Shirley, Massachusetts
- Bemis Associates, Inc. jobs in Shirley, Massachusetts