Payroll and Tax Manager
At Heartland Financial USA, INC., we’re your career destination!
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. (Heartland) is seeking a Payroll and Tax Manager to join our growing team in Dubuque, IA. This position is a hands on supervisor responsible for managing the preparation of the organization’s multi-state payroll, time/attendance system and payroll tax standards. In addition, this position is responsible for providing best practice payroll processing solutions for a growing organization.
At Heartland Financial USA, Inc., we are one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States. This means great resources and career opportunities for our staff! We can provide you the training and support to develop a great career at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. If you long to join a successful team while expanding your professional skills and experience, then explore a career with us today!
We’re committed to being an Employer of Choice providing a positive, professional work culture that takes care of the welfare of our team members. We believe in:
• Talent Development – We provide resources to support internal career growth
• Recognition and Reward – We provide competitive compensation and rewards
• Corporate Citizenship – We’re committed to making a difference in our
• Balance – We believe in balance between work, leisure, and wellness
• Empowerment – We help people grow professionally through empowerment to
make decisions and take responsibility for them
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Paid time off including vacation and sick days, community volunteering,
parental leave, and Holidays.
• Tuition Benefit plan
• 401k Retirement plan with company match & Discretionary Profit Sharing plan
• Subsidized Medical and Dental insurance
• Free Life and Disability insurance coverage
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Voluntary Vision, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
• Employee Assistance program for staff and family members
1. Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Finance,
Business Administration or a related field.
2. 7 – 10 years of payroll experience, include four years’ experience leading the
payroll function for a similar sized and structured organization.
3. Strong payroll and multi-state tax experience. Ability to prepare financial analysis
4. Knowledge of the MS Office suite required
5. Expert knowledge of current State and Federal compensation and benefit rules