People & Culture Operations Manager
Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils
Job Title: People & Culture Operations Manager
Department: People and Culture
Reports To: VP, People and Culture
Prudential Center and the New Jersey Devils are seeking a People & Culture Operations Manager to execute its benefits, compensation and HRIS initiatives. This position will serve as the first point of contact for managers and employees as it relates to compensation benchmarking, HRIS management and benefits implementation and management. This position will play a key role in overseeing the Human Resources department’s strategic initiatives as it relates to overall business planning and organizational development.
Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, implements and continuously improves HR programs, processes and policy;
- Maintains employee benefits programs; studies and assess benefit needs and trends; recommends benefit programs to enhance the employee experience;
- Manages the employee health and welfare benefits including 401(K), enrollments, maintenance, employee inquiries, benefit vendor invoices;
- Maintains human resource records and filing system both past and current records to ensure legal compliance;
- Monitors and implements applicable human resource federal and state requirements and stays abreast to changes;
- Establish department standard operating procedures, including employment processing, benefits, records management, safety and health, compliance, labor relations;
- Partners with Finance and other departments to maintain internal controls and related documentation as it relates to comp structuring, industry comparisons and analysis;
- Monitors and manages compensation analytics, personnel budgeting and forecasting;
- Partners with VP, People and Culture in driving organizational development by assessing human resources needs and capabilities by participating in, or conducting surveys to identify gaps and opportunities;
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing HR programs, engagement initiatives and services by comparing them with organizational trending and HR Analytics;
- Validates HR processes and transactions by managing the HRIS platform (ADP) to identify ways to become more efficient, simplify and automate;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred;
- PHR Certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability and interpersonal effectiveness to promote a people-centric culture;
- Must possess the human resources technical knowledge to coach business counterparts accordingly;
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and utmost discretion of information;
- Must have strong communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Suite (specifically Excel);
- Must be an exceptional planner with the ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time;
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and critical-thinking skills;
- Must possess a strong research background and be an “out-of-the-box-thinker”;
- Must have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed;
- Must be self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm;
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences;
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole.
Human Resources Certificates/Certifications are preferred. If not certified, must become certified within six months of joining the organization.
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
This position generally requires that work be performed from the Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Operations Manager Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils Jobs