Performance Development Specialist
Easterseals Bay Area
Pleasant Hill, California 94523
- Organizational Development
Easterseals Bay Area
Essential Job Functions:
The Performance Development Specialist aligns business objectives of the enterprise with operational needs of teams and departments by developing and defining roles for the organization. The Performance Development Specialist works closely with hiring managers from all departments, as well as the Director of Performance Development, the Performance Development Manager, the Director of People Operations, and executive leadership, to identify the major contributions and critical expectations of a proposed role or desired function for the organization. Once the role has been defined based on the major accomplishments and performance standards, the Performance Development Specialist writes clear job descriptions formulated for use in ESBA’s job posting, recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding processes. The Performance Development Specialist ensures that role definitions, listed performance expectations, and the language and content of the formal job description, meet compliance, regulatory, and legal standards, and are aligned with ESBA’s values and performance thinking culture. This position will primarily function out of the Pleasant Hill office, but the role may entail occasional travel to ESBA offices located across the greater Bay Area.
- Work with hiring managers to draft descriptions of proposed roles, based on the key accomplishments of the role.
- Will become certified as a Six Boxes Performance Thinking Manager and coach, and guide managers to define new and existing positions on their team using the Performance Chain as a model for identifying and describing the elements of performance.
- Work with the Director of Performance Development, Performance Development Manager, and hiring managers across departments, to understand the organizational initiatives and objectives that need to be supported by a proposed role; provide recommendations regarding how to best define the role in terms of its key contributions to the organization, so as to avoid unnecessary redundancies and optimize operational efficiency.
- Consult with operational and clinical staff in order to define proposed new positions by aligning needs of teams and departments with People & Performance strategy and ESBA budget and priorities.
- Remain knowledgeable about all organizational policies and procedures relevant to role creation, job posting, recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding.
- Maintain understanding of local, state and federal regulations regarding equal opportunity recruiting and hiring practices, as well as wage and hour laws.
- Help establish and maintain organizational values by ensuring that for a given role the key accomplishments that define performance, as well as the tasks and tactics identified for achieving the objectives of the role, align with ESBA’s stated values.
- Ensure that descriptions of key processes, activities, and individuals’ behavior pertinent to a given role reflect the desired culture of ESBA.
- Have a strong customer focus with respect to both internal and external customers by generating innovative ideas and solutions to meet and exceed expectations, seeking feedback and using it to improve the quality of services and processes, and meeting deadlines and commitments to others.
- Develop and maintain strong information-sharing relationships with internal clients to enable effective collaboration with Department Heads and other Leadership team members.
- Maintain a positive attitude and enthusiastically support other members of the ESBA leadership team.
- Must attend staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as requested.
- Responsible to complete additional job duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Attaining and achieving position competencies in relation to role responsibilities.
Minimum Education & Experience Equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Three-to-five years of Human Resources experience is strongly preferred, including experience with writing and reviewing job descriptions
- Performance development background is preferred
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals in a fast paced, dynamic environment is a must
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Development Specialist Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Easterseals Bay Area Jobs