City of Fresno
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
THE CITY OF FRESNO is currently recruiting for
SALARY: $7,074 - $8,834/mo. (DOQ)
FILING DEADLINE: March 22, 2017 by midnight
The City of Fresno is recruiting for a Personnel Manager to administer, coordinate and lead the personnel functions for an assigned department, and serve as a strategic partner on personnel matters.
We are seeking a dynamic leader who is innovative, understands current employment laws and regulations concerning recruitment, risk management, and labor relations. This classification is responsible for employee relations, employee selection, discipline, organization development, and a variety of other administrative and analytical tasks for an assigned department. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining a variety of records and files; provide assistance in resolving operational and administration issues; make and assist in the implementation of recommendations; participate in the budget development and administration; participate in special projects within assigned area of responsibility; perform research and analysis of new programs, services, policies, and procedures; and prepare and present reports.
The incumbent will provide leadership in the development and assessment of operational goals and develop innovative approaches to empower employees to accomplish the department goals and mission. The selected candidate will be expected to use sound judgment, encompass a high level of commitment to public service, demonstrate the ability to work well in a fast paced and demanding environment, and possess the initiative to complete projects. This position may exercise supervision over assigned staff.
The Department of Public Utilities and the Department of Development and Resource Management have immediate vacancies; however, this classification exists in several departments. Therefore, the City of Fresno may choose to utilize this recruitment for future vacancies.
This is an unclassified position in which the incumbent serves at the will of the Department Director.
Qualified Candidates Must Possess:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in business administration, public administration, or closely related field;
- Four years of progressively responsible professional personnel, management, or administrative experience. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis, up to a maximum of two years. Copy of degree and/or transcripts must be uploaded to the application.
Possession of a valid driver's license is required at time of appointment. Candidates considered for hire must provide proof of a valid driver's license and current copy of their driving record.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Interested and qualified applicants must submit an official City of Fresno application on-line at www.fresno.gov/jobs no later than March 22, 2017. For information on how to complete an on-line application, please view "Instruction Guide" on the City's website, Personnel Services Career Opportunities page, or call (559) 621-6950 for assistance. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed employment application.
Applicants deemed most qualified will be invited to interview for this rewarding and excellent opportunity. First review of applications submitted will be conducted during the week of March 13th. Interviews and selection may be made at any time during this recruitment filing period; therefore applicants are encouraged to submit their application materials timely for consideration.
The City of Fresno offers an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Information regarding the City of Fresno is available at www.fresno.gov.
We welcome applicants of any race, gender, religion, ancestry or disability. For more information please refer to our Career Opportunities web page on the City of Fresno web site. site.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Personnel Manager Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more City of Fresno Jobs
View More Jobs in Fresno, CA:
- View more jobs in Fresno, California
- Personnel Manager jobs in Fresno, California
- HR Generalist jobs in Fresno, California
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Fresno, California
- Employee Relations jobs in Fresno, California
- Administrative jobs in Fresno, California
- City of Fresno jobs in Fresno, California