Physician HR Consultant
- HR Generalist
- Health, Safety, Security
Health is our business
Make it yours. At Kaiser Permanente, we realize that it takes more than expert medical care to be one of the nation’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. It takes advanced technologies, state-of-art facilities, and the people to support them. Come impact your future, and the future of care. Join us in San Francisco and Oakland, California.
Physician HR Consultant
In this role, you will consult, coach, educate, and provide guidance to senior physician leadership and Chiefs of Clinical Service, on Human Resources areas such as Physician/Staff Relations, Diversity, Change/Disability/Performance Management, Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Benefits, and Compensation. You will also conduct investigations related to HR issues as well as consult with HR leaders, HR business partners, consultants, and other physician HR consultants to ensure regulatory requirements impacting and influencing Human Resources are applied consistently at the facility and area level.
- At least five years of human resources leadership experience
- Prior experience as an HR Consultant or as an HR Manager/Director is desirable
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources, business administration, organizational development, industrial relations, organizational psychology, sociology, counseling, or closely related field; a master’s degree is preferred
- Professional certification (SPHR, PHR, CCP, CEBS, etc.) and affiliations with SHRM and NCHRA preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication, problem solving, analytical, and teambuilding skills
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills
- Organized, detail oriented, with the ability to handle confidential issues and maintain confidentiality
- Extensive knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and practices
- Working knowledge of compensation and benefits practices
- The ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Proficient with PC applications and internet usage
- The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 544575 (San Francisco) or 544563 (Oakland).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers