Northeast Medical Group
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting to the Director of Practice Development with a dotted line responsibility to the Manager of Human Resources, the Physician Recruiter will function in a team environment with other Human Resource Representatives and will be responsible for providing a broad range of employment and staffing services to Community Physicians. Coordinates specialized programs and assumes leadership role as appropriate. Will function in a consultative, facilitative role in order to assist NEMG management in achieving maximum utilization of their staff resources. Specific services provided will include, but not limited to manpower planning and forecasting, recruitment, selection, employee onboarding, employee career assessment and development, turnover and retention analysis, interviewer training, EEO assessment and orientation of new employees.
1. Works with NEMG management to develop short- and long-range Physician recruitment plans.
2. Develops and coordinates specialized programs in furtherance of recruitment goals.
3. Develops, in conjunction with departments and others in Human Resources, a recruitment/staffing strategy for the filling of current and projected open positions.
4. Reviews new requisitions, expense reduction plans, etc.; resolves any problems with department management.
5. Meets with Director of Practice Development on a regularly scheduled basis to review open positions.
6. Recruits for qualified candidates for open positions and anticipated vacancies via advertising, the internet, public and private agencies, community resources, etc. Exercises necessary judgement to contain recruitment costs within budget parameters without sacrificing timeliness of recruitment or quality of applicant flow.
7. Develops operational plans for short- and long-term recruitment strategies.
8. Assists with the development of recruitment and retention strategies to meet current and projected recruitment and retention staffing needs.
9. Screens, interviews, assesses and develops appropriate documentation on all appropriate applicants, using a standardized format in order to facilitate consistency in the communications of each applicant's qualifications.
10. Advises NEMG management of the relative strengths and weaknesses of various candidates in order to assure constant selection of the most qualified individuals. Includes gathering of references and other pertinent data, as well as assessing the short- and long-term potential for success on the job.
11. Communicates regularly with Human Resource Manager and Director of Practice Development on recruiting priorities, strategies, and volume to assure optimum utilization and assessment of applicant pool and placements.
12. Hires applicants selected by NEMG management and consults with management to assure that the proper salary level is assigned; collaborates with Compensation staff on unique or market driven salary discrepancies.
13. Consults with NEMG management to assess reasons for turnover and to develop long-term retention and employee reinforcement programs.
14. Assesses with department management the intermediate and long-term advancement potential of individuals with departments, and works with department management to create a responsive working environment (including application of organizational development strategies.)
15. Assesses and responds to feedback on hiring processes as appropriate.
16. Resolves issues with NEMG management and employees related to staffing questions, the job posting system, transfers, etc.
17. Utilizes technology to maintain metrics, applicant tracking management.
18. Participates in a variety of off-site Physician Career Events. Represents NEMG and all three hospitals at appropriate recruitment events.
19. Manages all immigration documents and the visa/permanent resident application process and functions as a liaison between physician/staff and legal counsel, both internal and external.
20. Works closely with advertising agency to develop ads for journals, advertising campaigns including but not limited to email blast, mailer, Linked-In, etc.
21. Recruits Community based advanced practitioners.
22. Assists with Hospital based physician and advanced practitioner recruitment as needed.
23. Travels as required to colleges locally and/or nationally to establish relationships and programs for PA and APRN positions.
24. Uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to source, document and hire on all appropriate applicants, using a standardized format in order to facilitate consistency in the communications of each applicant's qualifications.
25. Processes all new hire information in HR System to ensure employee obtains paychecks and benefits.
Position requires Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or closely related field, with a thorough working knowledge of Human Resources practices and employment techniques, and a thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations affecting employment.
Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in Physician recruitment involving in depth exposure to employment practices, interviewing and applicant assessment, state and federal laws and regulations, and various other areas of Human Resources (in Healthcare preferred.) National certification in Healthcare Recruitment or related discipline or active member of state regional or national association in related field preferred.
Excel, Word. Demonstrated proficiency with automated recruitment applicant-tracking system.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged. Must have a valid Driver's License.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Physician Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Northeast Medical Group Jobs