- Organizational Development
Background / General description:
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the premier development organizations in the world. It plays an important role in assisting countries achieve their development goals including the alleviation of poverty and to achieve sustained prosperity. To fulfill this role, the WBG needs to attract, develop and retain staff of the highest technical and professional caliber. To do so, our career value proposition is critical in achieving this.
The Human Resources Vice Presidency’s Career Management and Executive Resourcing (HRDCM COE) is a new function with the remit to lead the design and implementation for Career Management for World Bank Group staff and the contingent workforce in Washington, D.C. and over 130 country offices. This program of work includes designing the career framework, building career paths, identifying technical and managerial competencies, facilitating career conversations, and building a career culture.
For example, a key priority is to develop and implement the Career Development Framework for IBRD’s Global Operations. The Program Manager, Career Management will play a significant role in the development, socialization, and implementation of such a career framework.
The Program Manager, Career Management, will report to the Group Head of Career Management. The work program requires in-depth expertise in the areas of career management, including design of career paths, competency modeling, as well as strong client relationship management and teamwork.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 4 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Contribute to building integrated and client-centric Career Management. programs and policies to support the WBG’s global operations, including (but not limited to):
- Career Development framework(s)
- Competency Modeling
- Career Paths
- Career Development
• Build relationships and engage with key stakeholders (i.e., staff, management, and the Board) to better understand client needs; understand the linkages with other HR functional areas and collaborates with HRD colleagues, liaises with other International Finance Institutions, prepare and deliver high quality communication materials for a variety of audiences.
• Deliver briefing and training sessions for staff and managers across all levels of the World Bank Group (HQ and field/country offices)
• Master's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Behavioral Sciences, Organizational Development/Behavior or related field with a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience is desirable.
• Sound, proven HR strategy, design and analytical skills in the areas of career management.
• Gravitas and ability to balance client/business needs with corporate values, guidelines and practices.
• Excellent team and collaborative skills across boundaries, including across HR and other World Bank Group departments and units.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships across levels of staff and managers
• Ability to see big picture, think strategically, and deliver pragmatic and structured solutions to client/business needs.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting work priorities and demands.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
• Preferred candidates are likely to have experience of working from global organizations. Private sector experience is a distinct advantage.
For further details and to apply, please visit www.worldbank.org/careers job number 162287.
Closing date for applications: 28 November 2016.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Program Manager Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more World Bank Jobs