MTA Metro-North Railroad
Location: Manhattan - Midtown
Reference #: 89318
Compensation: Grade D Min: $56,933.26 / Mid: $71,166.56
MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand Central Terminal. We provide service to over 82 million customers annually, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is the busiest commuter railroad in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe commute, great service to its customers and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
This position is responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for agreement and non-agreement positions.
• Manage the recruitment for all agreement promotional opportunities.
• Implement recruitment plans as directed by the Lead HR Business Manager.
• Handle recruitment for Agreement positions.
• Prepare and establish cost effective and timely recruitment strategies for current and future vacancies. Identify diverse sources.
• Attend job fairs.
• Assist with coordinating and implementing college recruiting initiatives.
• Maintain data of current and potential applicants/candidates for hiring needs.
• Maintain efficient and appropriate records relating to recruiting activities.
• Performs all other duties as required.
Familiar with current employment and labor laws as they relate to the employment process.
• Good sourcing and negotiating skills to attract and place candidates within the company.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills to interact with individuals on senior organization levels both inside and outside the company.
• Strong ability to identify candidates’ qualifications and skills with open positions.
• Excellent written communications skills to prepare job postings, employment advertisements, memos and reports.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and demonstrate fairness and sensitivity to the needs of internal and external customers.
• Flexibility to work as a team member, supportive of all Human Resources initiatives.
• Excellent customer service skills. Must enjoy dealing with the general public.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, (i.e, Word, Excel, Access) or comparable PC applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources Management or related field. Demonstrated equivalent education, experience, and/or technical credentials to include four (4) additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of two (2) years of Human Resources experience (i.e. screening and/or sourcing or other related experience).
• Experience working with a unionized workforce.
• Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.
• PHR or SPHR certified.
To be selected for a position, an applicant must: (1) meet the minimum requirements in the job posting, (2) pass a written examination (if applicable), (3) satisfy a background investigation (which includes credit, if applicable), and (4) pass an oral interview, during which the interviewers will further evaluate the applicant's qualifications for the position. Because the selection process is competitive, not all qualified applicants are granted an interview. Metro-North may also require the applicant to undergo a physical ability test, and, if the Company extends a conditional offer, may require him or her to undergo a medical examination, which may include toxicological testing.
For applicants who are current employees, you must be in active service and have worked in your present position for at least one (1) year to be eligible to apply for a posted position, and have completed the agreed upon formal training commitment, plus on-the-job training, if applicable (for example: Signal Trainee, Foreman-In-Training, etc.) in order to be eligible to transfer. If you are transferred, you may be required to forfeit your seniority in your present occupation. In addition, Metro-North employees are subjected to an internal investigation, which includes an evaluation of their safety and discipline records and their performance assessments. As an employee of Metro-North Railroad you may be required to complete a New York State financial disclosure statement, if you earn more than $91,821.00 or if you hold a position designated as a policy maker.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
If interested, please visit http://web.mta.info/mta/employment and Search for Recruiter under Metro-North Railroad.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Recruiter Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more MTA Metro-North Railroad Jobs