St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore
- HR Generalist
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Join the St. Vincent de Paul team, where what you do is much more than just a job—it’s a cause. Our staff members are true partners in our mission to help those impacted by poverty achieve their full potential. Their job satisfaction comes from knowing that their work each day has a positive impact on people’s lives. If you are the type of person who is excited and motivated by the idea of doing good for others, and our community, come join us! We are looking for high-energy staff members willing to share a commitment for our cause in a workplace filled with other caring people. We offer you a competitive salary, generous benefits, a culture where learning and growth is encouraged, a workplace where employees are highly valued and, most of all, an opportunity to be passionate about what you do every day.
This position coordinates all aspects of the SVDP’s Recruiting and Retention activities. The position has primary responsibility for all recruiting efforts for the company. Developing and maintaining a progressive recruiting brand utilizing all potential avenues is expected. Also, the position carries the responsibility for coordinating two key areas of employee retention and training administration. The position reports to VP of Human Resources, and works closely with all other program directors. The Recruiting and Retention Specialist works directly with all 3rd party vendors who provide products and systems used in our Recruiting, Training and HRIS systems.
- Recruiting – Maintain a continuous recruiting model to find the best talent for the company. - In conjunction with each VP of Human Resources; Develop and implement a staffing plan with forecast for each program. - Develop a company recruiting brand; modeled after company branding in marketing and development department. – Manage Job Postings (internal, website, academia, traditional media, social media, referral, staffing firms, etc.) - Develop and maintain an online recruiting presence. Using a diverse mix of recruiting tools and websites. - Maintain an applicant tracking system, to ensure an adequate pipeline of candidates. - Pre-screening of potential candidates prior to initial interview. - Facilitate and customize interviewing process for each opening. – With the HR Specialist, conduct new hire processing and orientation. -Send return to work letters to returning Head Start employees.
- Training – Administer all aspects of company training efforts - Work with each Program Director to build and maintain a company training catalogue specific to each department. - Continually seek out new training content and methods to make available to employees. - Maintain status of training requirements for each employee.
- Employee On-boarding – Create and implement on-boarding programs for each program.
- Work with VP of Humans Resources to formulate job offer letters and start dates.
- Upon acceptance of job offer letter; run background screenings and references on all new-hires.
- Working with VP of Human Resources and Program Manager to address candidate/new-hire concerns.
- Manage PCN spread sheet
- Ensure that each department is ready for the new-hire: Send out company-wide email introducing new hire. Ensure PC, email and phone, parking information and ID’s are available and ready for new hire upon start date.
- Submit order business cards
- Maintain and Update Job Descriptions for all Employees.
- Hold all employee and company information confidential.
- BA Degree in related field. 8 years of recruiting experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years of experience in HR field; 3-5 years of recruiting experience with the ability to successfully drive company-wide recruiting initiatives.
- Experience working with staffing agencies, on-boarding experience, knowledge of current employment laws, and experience social media recruiting tools
- Strong technical aptitude with databases, Excel and Word.
Attention to detail, strong listening skills and the ability to work independently.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Recruiter Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore Jobs