A.O. Smith Corporation
- Health, Safety, Security
- Labor/Industrial Relations
- Employee Asst. Programs
- Organizational Development
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $2.5 billion company with 143 year history and more than 13,800 employees worldwide. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification products in a number of emerging countries.
With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide. We have sales and distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. It values people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action. For more information regarding A. O. Smith, visit our website at www.aosmith.com.
Provide comprehensive management of Lochinvar’s Safety programs including development, implementation and maintenance of these programs in strict compliance with Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements.
- Actively leads workplace safety evaluations to identify safety risks and proactively implement injury and illness risk reduction actions.
- Lead the safety and ergonomic teams to generate and implement safety improvements and encourage employee participation for a top quality safety program.
- Perform safety analysis of manufacturing methods to achieve cost reductions or process improvements.
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineers in the evaluation of safety equipment and guarding on new or refurbished production or material handling equipment.
- Remain current on all applicable regulations including federal, state and local laws and standards relating to manufacturing safety, providing regulatory expertise and guidance.
- Establish strategic priorities and develop, implement, and monitor safety initiatives.
- Represent Lebanon on the Global ESH Council. Report facility issues/needs to the Council. Report Council initiatives to the facility.
- Conduct safety audits and inspections.
- Perform incident (injury) investigations and manage the claim process.
- Conduct loss control and risk assessments in order to achieve safety performance excellence.
- Enhance and promote a strong safety culture.
- Work with regulatory agencies and outside auditors to achieve safety goals and compliance.
- Educate and train the workforce on emergency response procedures.
- Lead the hourly bi-weekly employee Safety Committee meetings and weekly Safety Committee inspections.
- Identify, develop, and conduct OSHA required training, general safety training, new employee safety orientation training, and information meeting content for safety programs, procedures, policies, and topics.
- Maintains related safety training records, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Ensure effective completion of related programs for appropriate personnel, and provide related status reports periodically.
- Audit PPE compliance throughout the facility on an ongoing basis and evaluate changes in production processes for possible changes to PPE requirements.
- Assist the Facility Engineer in monitoring external vendors, contractors and vendors for safety and PPE compliance.
- Obtain Safety Data Sheets electronically and monitor the SiteHawk SDS database for accuracy.
- Maintain appropriate documentation required for OSHA recording keeping.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of employee data that balance the needs of employees and the organization.
- Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Technology or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of Safety related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize work, develop strategies and meet changing, demanding deadlines while assuring accuracy and completeness of work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Safety Coordinator Jobs
- View more Health, Safety, Security Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Employee Asst. Programs Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more A.O. Smith Corporation Jobs
View More Jobs in Lebanon, TN:
- View more jobs in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Safety Coordinator jobs in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Health, Safety, Security jobs in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Employee Asst. Programs jobs in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Organizational Development jobs in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Training/Development jobs in Lebanon, Tennessee
- A.O. Smith Corporation jobs in Lebanon, Tennessee
View More Jobs in TN:
- View more jobs in Tennessee
- Safety Coordinator jobs in Tennessee
- Health, Safety, Security jobs in Tennessee
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Tennessee
- Employee Asst. Programs jobs in Tennessee
- Organizational Development jobs in Tennessee
- Training/Development jobs in Tennessee
- A.O. Smith Corporation jobs in Tennessee