Senior Benefits Specialist
Benedictine Health System
Benedictine Health System is a non-profit mission-directed and values-based health care system providing a full spectrum of health and housing services to aging adults. We are currently seeking a Sr. Benefits Specialist for our Shoreview, MN office.
This position is responsible for supporting BHS owned communities and ministry partners in administering assigned benefit programs, improving processes, processing transactions and conducting training presentations to meet compliance standards in order to attract and retain employees. Programs include, but are not limited to, 401(k), medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and COBRA.
- Analyze and recommend program enhancements
- Provide tools for employees to self-manage their benefits.
- Provide tools and support to field HR and assigned business unit employees.
- Create and deliver communications as appropriate to manage programs.
- Create training material-open enrollment, new hire, and status changes.
- Conduct training - open enrollment, new hire, and status changes.
- Interface with vendors.
- Validate and pay premiums.
- Respond to census data requests for plan renewals, community acquisitions, and community’s sales/closures.
- Work to resolve issues and escalate issues to appropriate persons as necessary.
- Collect benefit plan information and develop, implement, and manage benefit plan tables in the human resources management system (HRMS).
- Develop and maintain comprehensive HRMS procedures for the end-use.
- Create and modify HRMS reports using Crystal Report Writer, EZ Query, and/or SQL.
- Analyze and recommend enhancements to compliance processes
- Document and follow operating procedures.
- Ensure plans comply with state and federal regulations.
- Conduct audits.
- Complete 5500’s.
- Comply with ACA requirements.
- Maintain and update program plan documents and educational/communication materials.
Program Metrics & Process Improvement:
- Create plan metrics and analyze program performance
- Identify opportunities to improve or standardize programs.
- Standardize programs.
- Automate processes.
Perform other duties, tasks, and/or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or a related field required.
- 4+ years’ experience directly related to benefits or benefit administration.
- HRIS and report generation experience required.
- Compensation experience preferred.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Benefits Administrator Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benedictine Health System Jobs
View More Jobs in Shoreview, MN:
- View more jobs in Shoreview, Minnesota
- Benefits Administrator jobs in Shoreview, Minnesota
- Benefits jobs in Shoreview, Minnesota
- Compensation jobs in Shoreview, Minnesota
- HRIS jobs in Shoreview, Minnesota
- Administrative jobs in Shoreview, Minnesota
- Benedictine Health System jobs in Shoreview, Minnesota