Senior HR Generalist
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
ValidaTek, Inc. is an award-winning mature SBA 8(a) Certified Small Business that provides high-security mission-critical IT services to the Federal Government. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes several U.S. Federal Departments. The corporate infrastructure is robust and based on industry best practices as evidenced by our DCAA Approved accounting system, Top Secret (TS) facility clearance, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 27001:2013 certifications, and CMMI Level 4 for Services (CMMI-SVC Level 4) and CMMI Level 3 for Development (CMMI-DEV Level 3) appraisals. We pride ourselves in being the best and only attracting and retaining the best talent to fuel our rapid growth. We promote a strong employee-focused corporate culture that provides a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their contributions and we all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Director of Personnel Services in supporting corporate and delivery personnel. Ideal candidates would have 3-5 years of experience, and are most comfortable with training/development and compliance training/reporting. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits and compensation administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy and procedure implementation, recruitment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. Specifically, the HR Generalist will be responsible for:
- Assists with administering various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and updating of policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Assists with employee relations matters including diagnosing problems, determining appropriate level of corrective action, coaching mangers, and reviewing corrective action documentation to mitigate risk and minimize legal action
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from Deltek GCS and ADP Workforce Now
- Assists with the development and delivery of New Hire Orientation
- Assists with Career Development and annual review process
- Assists with filing EEO-1 and Vet-100 reporting annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to regulations
- Assists with benefits administration to include enrollments and terminations, annual open enrollment, approving invoices for payment, claims resolution, and communicating benefit information to employees
- Assists with coordinating processing of new hire paperwork, and entering all new hires into Deltek GCS/CostPoint, Benetrac, SuccessFactors, & ADP Workforce Now
- Assists with ensuring company is following OFCCP and EEOC compliance guidelines
- Assists with updating and delivering weekly and monthly HR and recruiting metrics
- Handle employee out-processing and exit interviewing
- Participate in salary surveys and research wage and salary data
Training & Development
- Develop, implement, and monitor training programs within the company.
- Deliver/oversee the delivery of training to individuals or groups of employees.
- Evaluate needs of company and plan training programs accordingly.
- Compile and present information to employees.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods.
- Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations.
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor programs as necessary.
- Manage Employee Benefits set up/maintenance to include maintaining all business systems and ensuring all vendors are notified of employee changes.
- Assists with annual benefit open enrollment for all employees to include medical, dental, vision and voluntary benefits.
- Responsible for responding to employee inquiries regarding healthcare, dental plan, and other employee related benefits programs.
- Maintain accurate records in the personnel files, including documentations from employee meetings, benefit election forms, and new hire documents.
- Maintain inventory of Labor Law posters and distribute when there are changes.
- Maintain confidential employee records (salary, benefits, performance, equipment and discipline).
- Assists with EEO-1, VET-100, COBRA and 5500 filing compliance.
Human Resources Duties
- Responsible for new hire orientation and coordinating on-boarding for all new employees.
- Perform data entry for all new hires in Deltek GCS/CostPoint, ADP Workforce Now, and BeneTrac.
- Enter and verify rate, status changes, and terminations in Deltek GCS/CostPoint and ADP Workforce Now. Also any other updates as directed by the Director of Personnel Services.
- Responsible for retention and record keeping of AAP data.
- Responds to employment inquiries such as unemployment claims and other requests for information.
- Assists with the development and updating of policies and procedures.
- Update the monthly and quarterly turnover report.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BA/BS Degree in Human Resources or related field
Minimum of 5 years’ human resources experience including Federal Contracting experience and generalist HR functions
HR Certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP, preferred
Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment
Ability to understand basic HR laws and compliance requirements
Ability to listen and communicate (written and verbal), using excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills to follow up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, resolve problems and recommend solutions
Ability to work extra hours (morning, night, weekends) as required to meet commitments (with notice)
Must be self-motivated to get the job done and require limited management and oversight
Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through independently
Ability to focus on details and perform functions with accuracy
Must meet deadlines
Microsoft Office Proficiency (Intermediate Level or above)
ValidaTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
1. Describe their experience managing an annual performance review process
2. What experience do you have implementing a training & development program?
3. What HRIS systems are you familiar with?
4. Largest number of employees they have solely supported
5. Describe benefits administration experience
6. Have you lead or participated in any HCM system implementations? If yes explain the role.
7. Describe a policy or program you've developed and implemented
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Information Systems Analyst Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Diversity Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more ValidaTek Jobs
View More Jobs in Arlington, VA:
- View more jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Human Resources Information Systems Analyst jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- HR Generalist jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Training/Development jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Employee Relations jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Diversity jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- Benefits jobs in Arlington, Virginia
- ValidaTek jobs in Arlington, Virginia