Senior HR Manager
- Employee Relations
Senior HR Manager
Days: Mon - Fri
Hours: 9:00 – 5:30
VP Global HR and Talent Management
Yes No X
Recruiting and Comm Coord
Yes X No
Moderate travel schedule (30-40% of time); No America
Hold for future perf eval forms
The Senior HR Manager is responsible for managing a range of activities related to employee relations and staffing functions. The Senior HR Manager will be directly responsible for drafting job descriptions, managing employee relations, administering performance management and compensation. They will oversee the coordination and management of employment functions across the HR department, ensuring efficient and effective operations that support the organization. The Senior HR Manager will stay abreast of trends in the employment area and make recommendations to brand CIBT as an employer of choice.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Serves as point of contact in the areas of employee relations, performance management, and compensation. Provides outreach, consultation, and support to managers, supervisors and employees; works in a consultative capacity to promote the mission and values of the organization.
2) Oversees employment and staffing functions of department; works closely with HR team to ensure streamlined and coordinated operations. Ensures handbook, policies and procedures are up-to-date and accessible by employees; oversees department calendar and tracks deadlines and project milestones. Leads and assists with projects in support of moving the organization forward.
3) Provides day-to-day guidance and consultation to managers and directors regarding employee relations best practices, policy interpretation, problem resolution, compliance with policies and procedures, state and federal law(s). Researches, identifies, and analyses specific employee relations concerns and makes appropriate recommendations. Ensures consistency and alignment with CIBT’s mission and values, and works to mitigate organizational risk.
a) Advises managers and employee on employee relations policies, procedures, and documentation. Mediates conversations as necessary.
b) Provides tools and resources to managers and employees, utilizing existing programs and resources, and developing a resource library.
c) Conducts prompt, thorough and impartial investigations, bringing resolutions to complaints; documents process and findings and makes recommendation.
d) Identifies common themes and creates solutions to proactively manage.
4) Manages the job description library; drafts job descriptions, ensuring accuracy and completeness, competency mapping, and classification. Works closely with the Recruiter and Communications Coordinator to ensure coordination of information.
a) Partners with hiring managers in drafting job descriptions; maintain consistency across organization and department, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
b) Evaluates job descriptions and makes FLSA determination. Audits records to ensure appropriate classification.
5) Administers the performance management program; proactively manages the cycle, notifying managers of due dates, updating the merit spreadsheet, and maintaining source documents. Identifies opportunities to create an ongoing feedback program.
6) Maintains compensation structure for operations; benchmarks positions; updates information and ensures coordination with Recruiter and Communications Coordinator for recruitment purposes. Identifies individuals below market value and in excess of market and make recommendation. Maintains bonus program documents and updates as needed.
7) Drafts communications; manages policy review cycle; updates, drafts and disseminates policies and procedures. Assists with special projects. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in HR; SHRM certification a plus; at least 5 years of demonstrated HR generalist experience with focus on employee relations and the employment spectrum as applicable to the job description.
- Command of different HR functions and how they align, overlap and intersect; experience coordinating more than one HR function a must.
- Two years supervisory experience of HR staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to mediate, advise and counsel. Experience and comfort in conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent writing skills; experience writing job descriptions; comfort in drafting policy and organizational communications.
- Knowledge of ADA, FLSA, and other employment legislation and applicable state and federal regulations; ability to apply as appropriate.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Knowledge of compensation administration principles and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel; ability to compile date, build formulas, define and solve problems.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Position located in office; requires attendance at location.
- Travel within US and Canada required 30-40% of time.
- Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time, looking at computer screen.
- Ability to listen/hear and speak is required.
- Limited physical effort required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Information Systems Analyst Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more CIBTvisas Jobs
View More Jobs in McLean, VA:
- View more jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Human Resources Information Systems Analyst jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Benefits jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Compensation jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Employee Relations jobs in McLean, Virginia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in McLean, Virginia
- HRIS jobs in McLean, Virginia
- CIBTvisas jobs in McLean, Virginia