Senior Human Resource Generalist
Purolator International, Inc.
- HR Generalist
Who is Purolator Inc.?
Purolator International is a subsidiary of Purolator Inc., Canada’s largest integrated freight, parcel and logistics solutions provider. Purolator International specializes in the air and surface forwarding of Express, Freight and Parcel shipments, customs brokerage, and fulfillment and delivery services to, from and within North America.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Field Sr. HR Generalist is responsible for supporting & enhancing the performance of the Districts with respect to HR strategy development, compensation management, workforce planning and training.
This position will travel to our various branches within the US in order to build a partnership with managers and employees. That partnership will include providing HR consultation and support on HR initiatives in the areas of employee relations, administration, performance management, employee development, workplace investigations and legal compliance.
The Sr. HR Generalist will advise District management and employees of relevant corporate personnel practices, policies and procedures. This position will function as the HR first point of contact for all Field employees. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for management and employees.
• Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues and provide coaching and counseling for Employee Relations and Performance Management concerns
• Provide coaching, counseling and/or programs to address issues related to areas such as development, engagement and retention
• Conduct effective, thorough and objective workplace investigations
• Process terminations, conduct exit interviews and coordinate & process necessary paperwork
• Coach managers on performance management and the implementation of progressive discipline policy & procedures
• Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to District Management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
• Work closely with District Management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
Compliance & Policy
• Manage Labor Law compliance
• Proactively manages legal risk; ensures manager and employee compliance with company policies and procedures and government regulations
• Maintain compliance with state and federal employment regulations
• Partner with head office HR staff to ensure personnel files are complete
• Collaborate with management team to ensure appropriate forms are completed for new hires within the Districts
• Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
• Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency of Human Resources services performed
• Provide guidance to manager’s with respect to creation, development and classifications of job descriptions and conduct position skills analysis to ensure all jobs are properly created & evaluated
• Assist with the support in the areas of Benefits Administration, as needed
• Help process Benefits related claims (i.e. STD, LTD, Workers Comp, FMLA, etc.)
• Provide guidance on EEO policies and frequently refer to them in the performance of everyday job duties, including workplace investigations
• Formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the company
• Assist District Management in identifying potential issues proactively
• Identify training needs and individual executive coaching needs
• Develop relationship & business partnership with District Management and additional Department levels
• Travel to various US branches to meet staff & learn operation (quarterly)
• Attend annual District Meetings in various cities and states (annually)
• Visit HR Corporate Office in New York as needed (quarterly)
What Do We Offer?
Purolator International provides competitive benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drugs
• 401k with Employer Match
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Disability/Income Protection
• Employee Assistance Program
• Tuition Assistance
• Company funded Health Savings Account
• Paid Time Off
• Bonus/Incentive Plans
Growth and Development:
Purolator International believes that personal development and the growth of its employees is key to the company’s success. Because our business has historically doubled in size every 3 to 5 years the opportunities for our employees to further their career path are endless. Our ideal employee is an innovative, goal oriented self-starter who strives to achieve their goals through experience, business acumen, hard work, and determination. Here at Purolator we provide the opportunity for you to kick start your career and watch it accelerate at record speed.
Purolator International is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
What are we looking for?
• Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office Suite, HRIS, and Talent Management System
• Must possess strong time management / organization skills and work well under pressure
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers, customers, and other departmental personnel in a professional and positive manner
• High sense of urgency, energy and enthusiasm
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Flexibility, open mindedness and sound judgment
• Proven ability to react to high pressure, complex situations with sound thinking and logical solutions
• Proven ability to manage complex employee relations issues surrounding a variety of topics (i.e. violence, discrimination, employee complaints, EEO policies, working conditions, etc.)
• Ability to travel overnight as needed and visit US branches on at least a quarterly basis
• 5 - 7 years HR Generalist experience
• HR Degree or similar preferred
• Proven expertise in Employee Relations & Performance Management
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including employee relations, benefits and performance management
• Experience leading & conducting workplace investigations
• Transportation or Freight Forwarding industry experience a plus
Working conditions under which the job is performed include, but are not limited to concentrated visual or auditory attention, repetitive movements (i.e. typing, data entry, answering phone), heavy volume of paperwork, constant sitting at workstation, Domestic overnight travel, traveling to other office locations and possible International travel to Canada
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Information Systems Analyst Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Purolator International, Inc. Jobs