Senior Human Resources Analyst
City of Charlottesville, VA
Apply online at: www.charlottesville.org/jobs
Application deadline: Open Until Filled
This position in the Human Resources Department with the City of Charlottesville performs complex professional and administrative work related to classification, compensation, and total rewards. Essential functions include: conducting market surveys and analyzing data to make budgetary recommendations; conducting ad hoc HR reports & analyses; researching, evaluating alternative compensation programs for possible application in the City and other job related duties as assigned.
Consults with managers, supervisors, and employees on a variety of organizational management, compensation, and related human resources issues including performance initiatives. Serves as an information source and counsel on the application of human resources policies, regulations, and practices.
Works independently, receiving advice and recommendations primarily on overall goals or results to be achieved. Incumbent may lead teams of other human resources professional and technical personnel. The work is performed under the administrative direction of the Director of Human Resources. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- Reviews classification and compensation by performing compensation reviews, analyzing job study data, conducting salary surveys, gathering and interpreting salary data, preparing reports, interpreting collected data and making recommendations in response to department and organization wide business requirements, available resources that are consistent with City policies and industry best practices.
- Performs a variety of assignments involved in the development, implementation, and administration of the City's compensation programs including variable pay programs. Evaluates proposals to establish or reclassify positions. Conducts individual job audits and/or group classification surveys; analyzes information gathered; prepares position descriptions, audit or survey reports and position evaluations; and recommends classification action.
- Consults with managers, supervisors, and employees on a variety of organizational management, compensation, and related human resources issues including performance initiatives. Serves as an information source and counsel on the application of human resources policies, regulations, and practices.
- Utilizes knowledge of Human Resources best practices to manage and participate in projects that further the effectiveness of the organization. Such programs will include organizational planning, and performance management.
- Serves as the first point of review of requests to process requests to fill vacant positions, to review and approve hiring offers, promotions and job description changes. Maintains the job description database.
- Works with the budget office to ensure alignment of departmental budgets with HR pay practices and policies.
- Designs, implements and consults on pay strategies, initiatives and programs (emphasis on monetary and non-monetary rewards), concentrating on base pay and variable compensation.
- Performs other duties by participating on special project teams, having the ability to serve as team facilitator, meeting with department leaders to discuss organizational strategies, developing and conducting presentations and training, conducting position audits and preparing report of findings.
- Provides recommendations to HR Director concerning the development of policies, procedures and improvements to compensation processes covered in the compensation pay plan.
- Advise hiring managers on policy and procedural issues, including new hire offers, promotional increases, salary adjustments, etc.
- Ensure that all compensation programs, pay plans and position evaluations are compliant with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Develop and deliver training and presentations on compensation and performance management programs, practices and issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the HR Director.
- A minimum of four years related experience is required. (A Master's degree may substitute for 1 year of the required work experience.)
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major work in human resources, business or public administration or related field. (One year of work experience may substitute for one year of the required education up to a maximum of 2 years substitution.)
- At least two prior years of direct work experience as a compensation analyst.
- PHR, SPHR, IPMA CP, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or CCP certification is preferred.
- Prior experience with competency or variable pay programs preferred.
Applications are only accepted online through our employment website listed. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports workforce diversity.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Information Systems Analyst Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Other Jobs
- View more City of Charlottesville, VA Jobs