Senior Human Resources Director, HR Business Partner
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
Relypsa, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of polymeric medicines for patients with conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated and can be addressed in the gastrointestinal tract. The Company's first medicine, Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension, was developed based on Relypsa's rich legacy in polymer science. Relypsa was founded in 2007 and, in September 2016, became a Vifor Pharma company. More information is available at www.relypsa.com.
Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension was approved in October 2015 for the treatment of hyperkalemia, a condition defined as elevated blood potassium levels that can cause abnormal heart rhythms and even sudden death. A potassium binder, Veltassa® is the first new medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years and is the first commercialized medicine resulting from Relypsa’s polymer technology platform. Relypsa is committed to ensuring that people living with the burden of hyperkalemia have access to Veltassa®.
This employee in this position will serve as the HR Business Partner for a designated segment of the Relypsa organization as well as operate as a senior leader on the Relypsa HR leadership team.
- HR Business Partner function:
- Serve as a full HR partner and active member of each executive’s leadership team
- Identify HR strategies and initiatives that will drive business success.
- Assist the management team of each client group in evaluating performance of individual team members and providing guidance on development.
- Coach business leaders on leading and managing their organizations to be the best that they can be.
- Support leaders and employees across client groups as each organization experiences transitions during the Relypsa integration process.
- Strategically partner with executives, managers and employees as they experience and lead change and now operate as a unified, global company.
- Drive decisions and lead execution related to hiring, retention, engagement, org design, and critical Employee Relations matters.
- Partner with other functional experts in the HR department to develop and implement HR programs and initiatives in the client organization that support the business.
- Facilitate the consistent application and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs.
- Develop and drive strategies to engage and retain employees and maintain an environment consistent with the Relypsa values of putting patients first, integrity, collaboration, a can-do approach, innovation, a commitment to excellence, and a sense of fun.
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- BS/BA in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or equivalent experience
- 10+ years HR experience, with a minimum of 7 years in an HR business partner role, and a minimum of three years employee relations experience.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or life-sciences industry preferred
- Broad HR knowledge in key areas such as talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, learning and development, etc.
- Strong business acumen — able to quickly learn the business and make talent and org decisions which impact business outcomes.
- Ability to listen, think strategically and influence across all levels of an organization. Demonstrated ability to coach executives, managers and employees in sensitive situations.
- Ability to strategically align people and organizational practices to business objectives.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, detail-oriented and ability to see/understand the “Big Picture”.
- Proven experience identifying and leading change, and building this capability in others.
- Strong quantitative skills, specifically in compensation management.
- Excellent project-management skills, and demonstrated commitment to delivering high impact results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, inspiring trust and confidence from HR colleagues and business-partner clients alike.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Information Systems Analyst Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Relypsa, Inc. Jobs