Senior Payroll Representative
Chapters Health System
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape. We'll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
The Senior Payroll Representative performs and oversees all activities necessary to process one or more payrolls. Ensures calculations, withholding and deductions associated with payrolls are processed in accordance with State, Federal, and local laws and regulations. Designs, produces and maintains all department training materials. Generates, prepares and reviews stock and ad-hoc payroll related reports. Ensures payroll records are accurate and conveys matters of concern or interest to the Payroll Manager/Supervisor. Leads by example and assists with training of team members. Communicates professionally and maintains confidentiality, while handling sensitive situations. Adheres to the highest standard of professional integrity and work values, while performing duties.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, Federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Coordinate and participate in bi-weekly and supplemental payroll processing for the Company’s multiple entities.
- Compile all payroll data and accurately enter information in the Payroll/Timekeeping system.
- Process payment of: Bonuses, Paid Time Off, Leave or Travel and Expenses per Company policy.
- Ensure proper deductions for benefits, taxes, garnishments, etc.
- Process involuntary deductions such as: child support orders, garnishments and tax levies; collaborating with the Legal department, as needed.
- Ensure payroll data is accurate and prepared for data transfer from the HRIS system to the accounting system, with the ability to resolve any discrepancies.
- Resolve or escalate payroll issues to ensure timely processing of the Company payroll and verify compliance with applicable governmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Prepare accounts payable vouchers for payments, as needed.
- Prepare, generate and print checks and direct deposit advices.
- Scan, file and maintain all payroll documentation and employees’ payroll records.
- Design, produce and maintain ad-hoc reports and/or spreadsheets.
- Generate, submit and report on electronic submissions of: direct deposits, 403(b) funds, and tax payments.
- Complete requests for wage and employment verifications.
- Prepare, balance and file the Quarterly Employers' Federal Tax Returns and the Florida Unemployment Compensation Fund reports.
- Prepare, balance and distribute W-2s.
- Create, develop and update payroll training materials, presentations and literature.
- Serve on Company taskforces and committees, as needed.
- Ensure open communication and a good working relationship exists between Payroll, Human Resources, and CIT departments.
- Remain up to date on all State, Federal and local laws and regulations pertaining to payroll.
- Provide information and reports as requested by Payroll/Accounting/HR Departments; assist with special projects.
- Approve and process off-cycle check payments.
- Communicate, coordinate and guide Company managers, supervisors or other assigned timekeepers through the payroll activities necessary to ensure the timely processing of the Company’s payroll.
- Assist with implementing changes to work assignments, procedures or methods, in order to meet operational needs, and improve the accuracy and efficiency of the payroll department.
- Assist with the training of new payroll staff.
- Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members.
- Fill in for Payroll Supervisor, as needed, and ensure payroll team’s work load is appropriate.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, improve accuracy, streamline processes, and work cooperatively in order to provide quality and seamless customer service.
- Model highest standards of conduct and ethical behavior, demonstrating a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Conduct New Hire and Manager Training sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years of payroll experience
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Solid knowledge of State, Federal and local laws and regulations related to payroll, including reporting requirements such as 941s and W-2s
- Strong knowledge of general payroll practices, including FLSA and Wage and Hour Law regulations
- Intermediate skill level in using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), integrated HRIS systems and Accounting software. Kronos experience preferred
- Experience with creating and designing spreadsheets and ad-hoc reports
- Ability to identify, implement and assist in executing process improvements
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and methods
- Must be able to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of staff; possess and demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain integrity, confidentiality and resolve issues with tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance per Company policy
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
At Chapters Health System, our team members thrive in an environment that fosters teamwork and professional growth. Our location offers the perfect Florida lifestyle to promote the ideal work / life balance. We reward each employees’ talent with a competitive salary and outstanding benefits.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Payroll Administrator Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Chapters Health System Jobs