Senior People Operations (HR) Manager
Easterseals Bay Area
Pleasant Hill, California 94523
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
- Labor/Industrial Relations
Easterseals Bay Area
Essential Job Functions:
The Senior People Operations (HR) Manager is responsible for administrative and operational aspects of Human Resources aligning business objectives with management and employees in multiple regional areas. They will be involved in every aspect of human resources and oversee the day to day operations with a concentrated focus on employee relations and compliance. The Employee Relations Manager serves as a consultant and partner to ESBA management and will work closely with the other People & Performance leaders and Managers within the Organization to assist in professional development to strengthen the skills and abilities of those serving our communities. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, expertise in employee relations, is comfortable with a fast paced-ever changing environment and exhibits passion for the ESBA mission. S/he assesses and anticipates P&P related needs, seeks to develop and deliver integrated solutions, and communicates proactively with all Departments. Traveling to various regional offices for on-site support is required.
- Proactively communicates ESBA’s belief in the provision of high quality services through effective oversight of operational aspects of services.
- Develop positive working relationships with all members of the Organization through regular communication. Drive employee behavior to align with organizational goals and objectives. Train and collaborate with supervisors/managers within the Organization to ensure job responsibilities and expectations are clear, resulting in increased individual and group productivity.
- Monitor and lead other coaches in the ongoing support and development of staff utilizing performance tools. Assist in the cultivation of performance metrics, reporting and improvement targets for all departments.
- Actively promote the organization, including representing the company in appropriate industry conferences and organizations.
- Develop and maintain strong information-sharing relationships with internal clients and will work closely with Department Heads and other Leadership team members.
- Partner with the People & Performance Director, VP, P&P Mangers and other leadership team members to disseminate the core values, vision and mission of ESBA, and to foster high employee engagement and understanding of organizational, regional, and team goals.
- Responsible for managing the employee relations activities according to the Employee Handbook, ESBA policies and sound administrative practices. Implement and administer programs surrounding (through a variety of techniques such as quarterly meetings) management and labor relations in an effort to improve employee relations in support of people and their performance.
- Investigates problems, such as: working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. According to circumstances, provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental leadership before taking action.
- Evaluates or reviews evaluations of performance on employees; effectively recommends hiring, promotion, termination, disciplinary, and commendatory actions of all assigned employees. With approval from Director of People Operations and/or Sr. VP of People & Performance, will conduct disciplinary meetings with management including separations.
- Implement the development of the HR strategy and budget, general operations including benefits, leaves, worker’s compensation, internal audits and ongoing maintenance of standards, policies and procedures for HR throughout the organization.
- Have a strong customer focus with respect to both internal and external customers by generating innovative ideas and solutions to meet and exceed expectations, seeking feedback and using it to improve the quality of services and processes, and meeting deadlines and commitments to others.
- Provide managers with timely, thorough and consistent advice and guidance.
- Attaining and achieving position competencies in relation to role responsibilities.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of compliance with regulating bodies, federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, including accurate and timely submission of required reporting. Will be responsible for all P&P Compliance aspects including but not limited to License/Credential tracking, CPR, Safety Care, Online Mandatory trainings, etc.
- Partners with P&P management on strategic review of key functions within the company to assure compliance with HR policies and governmental laws/regulations.
- Implement and maintain standards, policies and procedures for Human Resources and programs to ensure consistency and quality of execution and performance. Administers processes, policies, and procedures relating to company policies and compliance programs; organization development; staff records; safety and health programs; employee benefit programs; communications, services, and more.
- Will maintain the HR Services JIRA Project (internal ticketing system) and will ensure all tickets are addressed timely and appropriately.
- Administers and managers the organizations off-boarding process including coordinating exit interviews, collecting data for turnover reports, coordinating equipment return with IT, etc.
- Works closely with the Payroll team to resolve all employee related issues/concerns.
- Works closely with all Vendors/Clients to ensure smooth Vendor relations are maintained at all times.
- Be responsible for tracking, auditing and submitting for final approval all P&P Benefit related invoices in a timely manner.
- Keeps current on all State/Federal Policies/Regulations and Updates if any. Oversee the HR compliance calendar and be proactive in meeting designated timeframes and deadlines.
- Consults with operational and clinical staff, providing guidance when appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to managers and supervisors (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Supports management in appropriate execution and resolution of Employee Relations issues (counseling, discipline, terminations. labor relations, etc.).
- Manages and resolves Employee Relations issues when directed by Manager. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, thereby minimizing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Ensures proper documentation of all HR processes is up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive. Manages applicable HRIS content and keeps detailed staff records and employee statistics for required government reporting. Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR Team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Ensure job responsibilities and expectations are clearly defined and communicated, work is assigned and distributed appropriately, staff is appropriately trained, and performance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates/assists the various teams within the People & Performance Department as needed. May assist with recruitment and onboarding.
- Promotes, fosters and provides a high level of service for the P&P Team’s internal and external customers.
- Understands and embraces ESBA mission and values.
- Maintains a positive attitude and enthusiastically supports other members of the ESBA leadership team.
- Provide regular formal and informal performance feedback to staff, including discussions of strengths and areas for improvement, all documented according to the Performance Thinking processes.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as requested.
- Complete additional job duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Attaining and achieving position competencies in relation to role responsibilities.
Ability to obtain clearance through the Office of Inspector General
Minimum Education, Experience & Training Equivalent to:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR) preferred.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in human resources management, three (3) years of which must have been in a responsible employee relations position.
- Two (2) or more years of which must have been in a supervisory position; or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals in a fast paced, dynamic environment is a must.
Qualifications (Skills & Abilities):
- Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
- Ability to properly interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to embrace the Six Boxes approach into performance management in all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to establish goals and meet objectives with minimal direction, and remain focused and flexible while shifting/changing priorities.
- Coaching skills and hands-on training experience highly desirable.
- Project management, process consultation and facilitation experience a plus.
- Proven proficiency with a wide variety of productivity technology, e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Accountability for all levels of work
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing organization and processes
- Self-Confidence in work and ability to lead others
- Ability to inspires others to elevate their own work product
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to multi-task. Ability to work in an extremely busy environment
- Ability to travel across Northern CA as needed. Ability to drive to regional sites.
- Flexible, Creative and Innovative
- Managerial and Leadership skills
- Training Skills
- A commitment to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of People & Performance work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain criminal record clearance through the Department of Justice. The People & Performance department must analyze DOJ/FBI live scan reports in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws as well as fitness for position.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more PeopleSoft Administrator Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Easterseals Bay Area Jobs
View More Jobs in Pleasant Hill, CA:
- View more jobs in Pleasant Hill, California
- PeopleSoft Administrator jobs in Pleasant Hill, California
- Employee Relations jobs in Pleasant Hill, California
- Organizational Development jobs in Pleasant Hill, California
- Training/Development jobs in Pleasant Hill, California
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Pleasant Hill, California
- Easterseals Bay Area jobs in Pleasant Hill, California