Sr. Human Resources Manager
- Employee Relations
Milwaukee Tool is looking for a Sr. Human Resources Manager to lead and coordinate the HR function at our Distribution Center, in Olive Branch, MS. This facility has over 600 employees/temps.
The Sr. HR Manager interfaces with and utilizes the Corporate HR functional management team for resources and expertise, but maintains local ownership of issues. The Sr. HR Manager is responsible for ensuring all company policies and procedures are in accordance with local, state and federal laws. This position reports to the Vice President Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain positive employee relations by creating a responsive, open environment and being available to employees to facilitate open and continuous communication; coach others on techniques used to establish and maintain positive employee relations.
- Conduct and document internal investigations into employee complaints.
- Coach HR team and location leadership on the appropriate actions required to respond to employee issues and concerns.
- Coordinate and facilitate counseling and corrective action programs for employees. Conduct training with location leadership to ensure performance plans are set maintained and continuously improved.
- Actively manage worker’s compensation claims for location.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory activities such as EEO, AAP, OSHA, WC, Unemployment, FMLA, ADA and FLSA.
- Lead the implementation of new developments in HR with regard to compliance with federal, state, local and Corporate guidelines relating to all employment practices.
- Work with managers to identify staffing needs and develop recruiting plan to fill open positions.
- Partner with location leadership and Corporate HR to identify short and long term HR initiatives related to the organization’s objectives, and develop and implement projects to address those issues.
- Measure the effectiveness of HR activities including employee morale, staffing needs, overall employee relations, turnover, headcount, retention etc. as required by local leadership as well as Corporate HR addressing issues as they arise.
- Partner with location leadership to manage the relationships with the temporary staffing agencies
- Manage local HR staff. Perform duties for the effective management of HR staff: hiring, compensation recommendations, performance reviews, and employee relations as needed. Actively mentor staff to ensure career development of current and future positions.
- Organizes, completes and presents projects as assigned by local leadership and Corporate HR within specified time frames.
- Participates in conference calls with Corporate HR when necessary, to discuss initiatives, upcoming changes/strategies including any issues or concerns that may arise. Collaborates with Corporate HR on issues, data and news from the local area relative to the development of HR policies, salary levels, job titles etc. and makes recommendations when appropriate.
- Assists sites with preparation of the annual budget as it relates to HR.
- Drive continuous program and process improvements in a demanding and rapidly changing business environment.
- Interact in a positive, customer-service focused manner with all levels of the organization via both verbal and written communication.
- Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action requirements and leverage best practices to track applicants. Set, meet and exceed Affirmative Action metrics and goals.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 10 years of progressive human resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced, and agile culture. Ability to adapt to constant change and competing priorities
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
- Excellent communication, consultative, and negotiation skills
- Results driven and deadline orientated
- Ability to develop and nurture productive business relationships, and influence and educate internal customers
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Milwaukee Tool Jobs