SVP Human Resources
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
- Labor/Industrial Relations
- Organizational Development
Our confidential client is a global manufacturer of equipment sold in the B2B market. Company headquarters are located in North Carolina with approximately 5,000 employees located in 20+ locations in North and South America.
The SVP HR is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of talent and leadership development, integration and cultural change alignment, organizational and performance management, training and development, and benefits/compensation.
There are approx. 25 HR personnel in the organization with 5+ direct reports.
- Establish and implement HR programs that effectively communicate and support the companies’ mission and strategic vision.
- Build a “central services” organization to provide standard leadership in the design and implementation of various HR policies and procedures.
- Function as a strategic business adviser to the executive/senior management of each business operation and specialty groups regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the company’s executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits globally.
- Serve as confidential adviser to the COO (Head of Americas BU) and senior management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university.
- A minimum of 15 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive focus and at least five years of international HR experience.
- Experience with merger and acquisition activities and subsequent corporate integration
- Union and Labor Relations experience
- Experience managing employees and facilities in Latin America and Canada
- Experience in a multi-site manufacturing environment highly preferred