Talent Management Advisor
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Mercy Corps requires an outstanding supply of talent from both external and internal sources. The Talent Management Advisor (TMA) is a critical member of the People team and coordinates all aspects of the internal piece of this puzzle. We are seeking a high-energy individual who is an exceptional relationship builder, is comfortable in a fast paced environment, is skilled in the use of data and analytics to improve decision making and has a creative approach to problem solving. The TMA is a key leader for our global talent management strategy, manages element of the talent management system, ensures development of internal talent pipelines aligned with critical strategic requirements, and facilitates career development initiative for global team of 5,000. All work will be accomplished in a spirit of partnership with all relevant internal stakeholders. S/he will also initiate and implement strategic projects that are aligned with Mercy Corps’ key priorities. S/he will implement industry “best practices” in support Mercy Corps’ organizational culture, while perpetuating Mercy Corps' position as an employer of choice
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Taking a 1-4 year horizon, accelerate the development of internal talent to prepare them for critical roles with deliberate and clear development plans.
- Continuously elevate the use of integrated talent management insights to identify opportunities, inform decisions, evaluate the effectiveness of decisions & track progress against intended results
- Actively cultivate cross-departmental and cross-functional relationships to ensure that the talent management is understood and well integrated into wider agency objectives.
- Support the analysis that informs the (Build/Buy) approach actions for all critical roles and internal talent pipelines.
- Identify cutting edge trends and best practices that can be incorporated into existing efforts.
- Advance the agency’s aim to have a global team that is representative of the places where we work.
- Manage the succession module within Mercy Corps’ career development online platform, Cornerstones on Demand (CSOD) to ensure that Mercy Corps has a good picture of its internal talent and with the People Information Systems Manager generate regular useful actionable data for talent management decision-making.
- Ensure new team members and leaders are introduced to CSOD talent profiles and are using the talent management system to make people decisions.
- Act as point person and engage current team members to support and enable career-planning and development within the agency.
- Coordinate succession planning for critical roles and targeted country programs to anticipate future needs.
- Ensure the system for identifying talent for short term field needs is updated and working efficiently including metrics on demand.
- Build specific internal talent pipelines to meet critical agency needs working with technical talent point who have a deep understanding of competencies required.
- Ensure learning opportunities are linked with key technical pipeline and individual development needs working with technical leads and Learning and Development function.
- Build combined internal/external pipeline to ensure meeting field needs and tracking success of pipeline efforts with Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor.
- Continue to partner with Humanitarian Leadership team to develop regional rosters to strengthen capacity for emergency response.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/S in Business, Organizational Development, Consulting, or HR and MA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience assessment, leadership development, selection, and human resource planning with a minimum of 2 years involving international contexts.
- Demonstrated capacity to utilize analytics and technology to improve senior management awareness and decision making.
- Demonstrated passion staffing in international relief and development environments.
- Ability to communicate and problem-solve effectively across diverse cultures and geography with sensitivity.
- Language skills in French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in executive recruiting, executive compensation practices, executive development, organization development, talent management, change management, and/or diversity preferred.
- Experience working in a global environment preferred.