US Learning & Development Business Partner
Agoda (a Priceline Group company)
- Organizational Development
ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of the Priceline group of companies, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth.
In every department – from engineering to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone out there.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our skilled Partner Services teams collaborate on exciting projects with our accommodation partners, hotels and other properties in a rewarding, fast-paced environment to ensure that Agoda’s customers have the best selection and lowest prices. At the center of it all is the desire to build long-term relationships that span borders and cultures, supported by a web of cutting-edge tools and technology.
We are currently seeking to hire a US Learning & Development Business Partner. This role will be based in our New York office and will report directly to our Senior L&D Manager. The newly created team has a unique function in ensuring the best possible development of all our people, without taking ownership for development away from employees and their managers. The role will have an US reach and as such we are a small team of professionals who advice and enable teams throughout the organization to work on development. We co-create content, co-facilitate, and teach others to teach and coach, and provide systems to scale, measure, and exchange learning.
The Learning and Development Manager will independently perform a range of content development, program design, and facilitation tasks related to learning and development, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Analyzing needs for learning and development programs for the Partner Service Team
- Developing new content for delivery by others, to (co-)facilitate, and for self-paced (online) learning
- Facilitate and co-facilitate with managers: teaching staff and helping managers become better teachers
- Cover content development and delivery both for general management skills and for domain skills, e.g., optimizing relationships with hotels, or ensure managers do performance reviews well
- Collaborate with dedicated instructors in the department that have those and help them become better facilitators
- Employ innovative capability building methods that go beyond the classroom, including self-directed learning, technology-based learning, learning on the job, testing, monitoring, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Enabler of change and development
- Teaches others to teach
- Coaching experience is a pro.
- Applies change management as part of learning.
- Can apply psychometrics, e.g., Insight, MBTI,
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Great facilitator
- Communicates with great clarity and a focus on practical application
- Creates experiences for people to learn from; challenges and guides
- Connects well with people
- Non-ego-centric and humble, yet energetic and driven
- Experienced in developing learning programs
- Define learning objectives, including understanding root-causes
- Source and develop content, including making it relevant and directly useful to specific roles (We prefer own development over outsourcing.)
- Work with practitioners to translate methods into learning content
- Build stand-alone course kits for managers to deliver
- Managerial experience is a pro. Consulting and managing change is another pro. IT/internet business experience is too.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field; advanced degrees welcome
- Smart, self-motivated, curious, energetic, hands-on, and adaptive
- Minimum of 3-4 years of pure L&D experience strongly preferred
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Business Development Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Agoda (a Priceline Group company) Jobs