Vice President (VP) of Human Resources and Compliance
Avant Healthcare Professionals
Vice President of Human Resources
Avant Healthcare Professionals is a healthcare staffing firm that specializes in filling hard-to-find allied therapy and nursing positions for its U.S. clients through the recruitment of internationally trained health care professionals. Located in Casselberry, Florida, Avant is growing rapidly and is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources and Compliance.
This position will be responsible for:
- Serving as a member of the Avant executive team and working closely with other members of Avant’s leadership team to develop and execute company strategies and achieve goals.
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Managing Avant’s Human Resources department, currently consisting of one director, one generalist, one admin, and three employee support specialists. Significant growth is expected within the next 1-3 years.
- Developing progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Developing human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the industry.
- Ensuring the company complies with federal and state employment and immigration laws and regulations (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.).
- Ensuring the department effectively coordinates Avant’s performance management process.
- Ensuring the department effectively negotiates breach payments from healthcare professionals as necessary.
- Assisting with the recruitment of new corporate team members as necessary.
- Consulting with operations management on a variety of HR issues.
- Managing the HR department to provide excellent “internal customer service” to team members.
- Managing other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
- Managing the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Continuously improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Ensuring that the company maintains well-organized and complete HR records.
- Develop and executing strategies for recruiting and retaining top performers.
- Ensuring that the department effectively manages Avant’s workers compensation insurance program.
- Ensuring the department effectively administers the company’s various benefits programs including 401k administration.
This position will be located in the company’s Casselberry office and will report to the Company’s Chief Executive Officer.
Avant’s core values are Passion, Teamwork, Adaptability, Integrity, Continuous Improvement, and Sense of Urgency. Our culture values people, work-life balance, and a “can-do” attitude. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and salary history for immediate consideration.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws.
To be a successful candidate, you must have the following attributes:
- At least fifteen years of human resources experience. Experience must include senior leadership position(s) in a multi-state operations environment. Experience in the staffing industry is a plus. Immigration law experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred; PHR/SPHR preferred
- Experience with corporate compliance and risk management
- Experience in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done and enthusiasm to work extra hours if necessary to do so.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, positive, enthusiastic, people oriented, organized, attention to detail
- Good computer skills, more than competent with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Paycom payroll systems a plus